Sign in to follow this  
El Chupavaca

Glitchy interaction with servers

My friend is having a problem with DayZ standalone servers.  When he starts up his game he can see servers, but it takes him a good bit longer to see servers than it does for me.  However, he does see servers with acceptably low ping (as low as 40).  But when he starts playing, after a short period of time, he typically becomes unable to use his inventory (the hallmark but not only symptom of this bug), even though he can still walk around.  He does not get the "no message received" message.  If he logs off and logs back on, the game seems to remember where he was even though he was unable to use his inventory.  At times, he will find himself unable to use his inventory, continue playing, and then have his inventory functionality return and simultaneously a zombie will appear next to him, he'll be bleeding and at half blood.  This again suggests that he's improperly connected to the server -- but why doesn't he get the "no message received" text?  And why does the hive remember his geographical location if that's the case?

This has been a recurring problem for him (I've gotten it occasionally too but never as frequently or as badly).  Since the new patch (0.33.114926) it has become so bad that the game is unplayable for him.

If anyone has any insights, they'd be much appreciated.