Sign in to follow this  
NicoBaloira1357

The new heli crash?

So I was thinking that about an idea someone gave a long time ago about finding maps with stuff written on them, like someone marked a bunker on the map or a weapon storage and stuff like that, so I was thinking that maybe the "heli crash site" could be combined with this, like have a bunker randomly spawn around the map and it's filled with ammo and maybe some rare military weapons, and on maps you can find the possible locations of this bunker.

What do you guys think about this?

EDIT: Also this could be implemented with another suggestion someone gave a few days ago about having locked doors, that you need either a key, a combination, or to shoot the door down, so maybe the door for the bunker has a combination that is written on the map, so this way you would actually need to find the map to get into the bunker

Edited by NicoBaloira1357
  • Like 1

Variable locations might be a bit of bastard to program.  The problem is you have to make the 3-D structure and you can't really change that as it spawns every time.  They way terrain is with this game, there would likely be a lot of clipping issues or issues of not solid floors like we have now.  As well, bunker to me says underground which isn't in the game yet but is something the Devs want to look at.

The idea has merit, but might have been better expressed here:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/170460-military-relief-drops/?hl=%2Bair+%2Bdrops

Same idea more or less, different execution.  Check that thread out, AshHawkins and others put together some good ideas.

Variable locations might be a bit of bastard to program.  The problem is you have to make the 3-D structure and you can't really change that as it spawns every time.  They way terrain is with this game, there would likely be a lot of clipping issues or issues of not solid floors like we have now.  As well, bunker to me says underground which isn't in the game yet but is something the Devs want to look at.

The idea has merit, but might have been better expressed here:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/170460-military-relief-drops/?hl=%2Bair+%2Bdrops

Same idea more or less, different execution.  Check that thread out, AshHawkins and others put together some good ideas.

Well I don't think it would spawn as a structure differently every time, but there could be like say 3 around the map, and only one enterable for example

Well I don't think it would spawn as a structure differently every time, but there could be like say 3 around the map, and only one enterable for example

A reasonable alternative.  Are you married to the idea of it being a bunker?  What about something akin to a weekend event where a rumored "survivor cache" is discover with clues as to it's location.  One per server?  It could be any existing building then.

Or maybe, after every restart, several randomly picked deer stands spawn some rare loot and there are maps, which mark current locations of those stands. What do you think?

I really like this idea, find a map and it marks a locked room anywhere on the map? Up north in a little town house that usually no one would bother to visit? The only problem i see would be after a while everyone would know the locations and not need the map, it would become a simple walk to/server hop location, unless it could randomly spawn each server reset, but there would have to be a lot of them.

I think random spawns of mil tents/relief centers could also work as the crash sites did. So at server startup they might spawn the tents at Starry or the tents at the soccer field in Berizino or the soccer field up in the northwest. That way there could be some military encampments that are not static, adding a little bit of a surprise factor for every time you make the trip to one of these locations.

A reasonable alternative.  Are you married to the idea of it being a bunker?  What about something akin to a weekend event where a rumored "survivor cache" is discover with clues as to it's location.  One per server?  It could be any existing building then.

not necessarily, but I do want something like this to give some use to rockets idea of having stuff written on maps, I just thought this could be the best implementation for it, there could be better.

As for the other thing it could be cool to have that, maybe instead of an event, it could have a shit ton of stuff, and it resets once a week maybe? But your idea seems good since people could figure out the locations of the possible bunker, so the map wouldn't be so important to have, so making it that every building could be it might be good, like making the building look bordered up or something

Edited by NicoBaloira1357