Sign in to follow this  
alaskafish (DayZ)

ArmA II towns need more love.

Okay, here me out. I went up north to the new town of Svetlojarsk, and dear god, it looks amazing. It looks like an actual town, or even an actual village. It looks natural too. Just the small things like the stairs on the side of the roads and the new buildings, it makes it look like an actual living, breathing, town. Even the way the roads work, the way the fences are placed, ect. 

Svetlojarsk Map

Anyway, When I made my way back down, I walked into Berezino, and I must say, the layout, the roads, and everything is just... "Me no like". It looks like a very weird village city thing. What I mean is there is one main road, through a field and there's a just like 2 buildings on behind each other on the road. There's houses with not even a path way to it. In fact, there's this one house, completly enclosed by it's own fence, not even a gate way into it. It looks like a poor mans Sim City project, just spamming houses with no roads near them. They need to change these cities from the mod. Walking into Svetlojarsk was like a completely new feeling for a DayZ Vet, so I think it's time for these cities to change completely. Add those new buildings, hell, add a side walk. Put some trees and some more roads. There doesn't need to be just one road going through the town, make an intersection, put some stop signs or some traffic lights. Make the town center (the one with the tank) more realistic. Add some newspaper vending stands. Some cars on the streets. A Parking lot for the hospital.

Berezino Map

I personally think the Devs went too quickly through the original ArmA II towns. They just added those semi-enter-able buildings. Novy sobor had the updates, and I think they should do that. But too ALL towns. 

Hopefully the devs could fix the towns. I don't know if it's on their work list, or what not. But I really hope it's something they're gonna add in the future. I hope they don't think Cherno is finished. 

• Like 3

What about the plane through the building was that in the Mod too?

What I mean, there's only those small changes. Not layout wise. If you changed the layout, you'd have a new-er feeling to the game.

Yeah new towns and changed towns look amasing, don't have problems with old towns thou.

Don't worry there will be new towns added to north to keep "new-er feeling" alive, and who knows? Maybe when they fully-release the game they change old towns a bit too.

If you take a run up north you'll find many laid out plots for farms/depots/villages/towns/cities, the roads, tracks, and terrain have already been staged. More will come and it will be most welcome. I don't think reworking the current towns/cities would really be something to polish up now, perhaps down the road though.