Sign in to follow this  
shadowvfx

What are MAN icons on the map?

I was checking the map yesterday and I would continually see orange icons labeled as "MAN" on my map. They would move a bit, but would continue to disappear and reappear at random. I don't think these are other players, because I saw an icon on my map less than 25m in front of me, but in-game there was nothing there.

Anyone know what these orange MAN icons are?

it means a man....unidentified.

Could be a person, could be a zed.

If it's not identified, it shows up as man.

If it's identified, a zed will show "civilian" or a military type unit. A player will show as "survivor" "sniper" and maybe 1 other based on the camo clothing. That means you have to look at them and identify them before they show on the map as what they are.

Only works on servers that have it enabled also.

Saw this yesterday on a server that had it enabled, except at the end a few popped up as "Rifleman" instead of the normal "man" designation. Wasn't because I had spotted them either.

Anyone have any idea what that is about?

This happened to me on a server yesterday. This and my current position/direction showed up for the first time. Why is this? What is the name of this option?

Also, there are a few things marked on my map via the click and type at the circled x option. Some in English, some in Russian. Are these markings from other players? I'm pretty sure I was the first person to pick up the map after it spawned.