Sign in to follow this  
- Karma -

What Exactly Do We Want From Loot/Zombie Respawning?

Loot/Zombie Respawning Questions  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Once(/if) Loot/Zombie Respawning is implemented, would you rather full respawns or partially respawns?

• Fully.
    • Partially.
    • Doesn't Matter/Don't Care.
    • I don't think loot and/or zombies should respawn.
  2. 2. The Quality of Respawning Loot should be?

• As normal loot would spawn.
    • Mostly medical, food, ammo, with a bit of the other.
    • Weapons, Ammo, and other choice gear only - who needs food?
    • I told you, loot shouldn't respawn! >:(
  3. 3. The Frequency of Respawning Loot/Zombies Should Be?

• Once per 24 real time hours.
    • Once per 12 real time hours.
    • Once per 48 real time hours.
    • Suggested time in comment below.
    • GO AWAY

So in reading back through the forums a bit, I can see that zombie and loot respawning are growing concerns for the community.  It seems that the majority (obviously) want both of these things in the game, and it seems that both of these things ARE coming to the game.  Now that that has been established, I thought we could provide some specific information for the Devs as to what we think would be fair/fun.  Obviously they will do what they feel is best for the game, but perhaps we can sway some thoughts if they weren't already leaning the majority's direction.

Edit - so in my ignorance I completely forgot the thread by crimsonBZD when posting this.  Check it out here for a more detailed discussion regarding the presence of zombies in the game, complete with a poll:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/169944-what-do-we-really-want-as-far-as-zombies/

Edited by - Karma -

Once in 12/24/48 hours? What the hell? Servers restart every 4 hours (if I'm right about this) and with every restart the loot and zombies are being respawned. So what is the point of an additional respawn once a day?

Edited by fisheye

Once in 12/24/48 hours? What the hell? Servers restart every 4 hours (if I'm right about this) and with every restart the loot and zombies are being respawned. So what is the point of an additional respawn once a day?

From what I've heard, the Devs don't want servers to have to restart unless a patch comes out (maybe not even then) or their is a service interruption of some kind.  This is coming from multiple other people who have discussed this very issue, so I unfortunately don't have a link for you.  But it does make sense.  Servers restarting every four hours is a) abusing the system and b )  likely a temporary solution until loot and zombie respawning is instituted.

Edited by - Karma -

So in reading back through the forums a bit, I can see that zombie and loot respawning are growing concerns for the community.  It seems that the majority (obviously) want both of these things in the game, and it seems that both of these things ARE coming to the game.  Now that that has been established, I thought we could provide some specific information for the Devs as to what we think would be fair/fun.  Obviously they will do what they feel is best for the game, but perhaps we can sway some thoughts if they weren't already leaning the majority's direction.

Oh come on!

Don't make a poll, name it exactly like one of mine, then do a bad job...

Seriously, please don't do it.

Zombie respawn every 15 minutes and loot respawn once per day.

• Like 1

Oh come on!

Don't make a poll, name it exactly like one of mine, then do a bad job...

Seriously, please don't do it.

Ah, don't be like that :P  No seriously, I even voted in your in poll so wtf right?  Anyway, originally it was meant to be a poll only on loot and I added zombies as an afterthought.

Edit: crimson, I feel bad - I try not to make mistakes like encroaching on topics unless it is coming at it from a different perspective.  I put a link to your thread in the original post.

Edited by - Karma -

zombies either need to be numerous enough, or respawn often enough to overwhelm a relatively well kitted 2 man team. 

no loot from zombies bodies.

What do you mean by full respawns or partial respawns? do you mean, in a town if all the zombies are eliminated, after a certain amount of time all of the zombies respawn at once? 

What do you mean by full respawns or partial respawns? do you mean, in a town if all the zombies are eliminated, after a certain amount of time all of the zombies respawn at once? 

Exactly that.  So for instance respawning loot and zombies will spawn at the exact same rates as when the server first was started and generated everything for the first time.  Whereas partial would be a say half of that or a little more.