Sign in to follow this  
mythal

BUG: Random "you are dead" + "you have been kicked off the server"

This is the 2nd time its happened so have to report it.

The first time was a few days ago - I was 1 of 2 players on the server so I thought I might have been killed. Despite being inside a room with no windows/doors, and having pre-scouted the area before I went in. It was an airfield so thought it might be possible that someone snuck up on me.

But now it happened again, and I was the only person on the server. So its not possible that someone else killed me.

Ironically, in the same "TEC" building. I was on the 2nd floor, trying to open the door to the little office room.

It wouldnt open. I tried spamming "F" key to open it and ran forward up against the door.

It never opened, so I checked my ping to see if it was lag/desync.

No lag (~50 ping) no desync (zero), so I close ping window and BOOM! "You area dead" followed quickly by a "BattleEye: You have been kicked from server, no client response" (cant remember exact message but was something like that).

This, after spending the last 5+ hours gearing up finally and......nope, DayZ just wont let me play.

This is basically my gametime in DayZ so far since I started playing a week ago:

1) Survive = 15mins

2) Run around gather some clothes/food, and get a weapon = 1 hour

3) Make my way to an airfield/military base, kit up and avoid getting killed = 2-4 hours.

So far I have only made it past #3 two times without a bug killing me, or another player killing me (which has happened only twice actually).

Both of those times I made it past point #3, a bug ended up killing me anyway.

So in my, about, 20 play throughs so far. I have died to bugs almost every single time, usually after 4-5 hour mark and finally getting some good gear.

Yes, hide behind "alpha" for now - but fix this because right now this is not a game, its just torture.

Falling through floors, through the steps on stairs, randomly dying while opening doors or desyncing....

I also am very very careful around stairs/ladders now, but doesnt seem to help.

Always there is a bug to come kill me some way.

This is really rediculous.

I actually would be much happier if getting killed by a player.

You would have been lagging ,opened the door, de-sycned ran forward then lagged through the wall and got kicked for lagg/connection issues

Maybe you need a better internet lol, all I've seen you do is complain so far, cmon man it's alpha!

Also it's not torture, your complaing where it warns you.

Edited by TedZ

You would have been lagging ,opened the door, de-sycned ran forward then lagged through the wall and got kicked for lagg/connection issues

Maybe you need a better internet lol, all I've seen you do is complain so far, cmon man it's alpha!

Also it's not torture, your complaing where it warns you.

Correction: I am reporting issues.

What I say is 100% accurate and is the truth, these are facts. I'm not complaining. I bought an alpha early access, and I know what that is.

I'm reporting my experiences and issues so they can fix them and things can be discussed that need discussing - so they can also be fixed.

Anybody that isnt doing that, isnt helping.

My internet is not bad, and my connection to server is flawless 20-50ms.

The servers have been having issues lately, its either an issue with server code or their datacenter but all of the Singapore servers from MPGS.co definitely were having lots of problems the last 2 days --- but this actually happened just now, and in the last 4 hours or so - no lag, as its quite late at night (happened around 4am my time).

See what you are doing here is jumping in threads to troll people and blame their computers, their internet, their AV, or ....well, them. Cant be because BI doesnt know how to code multiplayer code and has a program that they jokingly call a multiplayer game. No no, cant be that.

Lets blame the players.

If you had 2 brain cells you would understand that players are NEVER to blame.

EVER.

If the game company cannot make a functioning game, playable by all/majority of its players, then it is ABSOLUTELY AND ENTIRELY the game company's fault.

I was a game developer too.

I would never release a game in alpha to the public but since they decided to, they have to deal with it.

Every single thing that goes wrong is their fault.

PERIOD.

This is a fact.

Not an opinion.

They chose to accept $35m+ and counting by releasing an alpha. (that was literally just a repackaged version of the mod with new multiplayer code that doesnt work at all)

Now they have to provide something worth that.

Or they are going to lose 5x that in lawsuits.

Correction: I am reporting issues.

No. You're complaining.

Bug reporting instructions.

Edit:

I bought an alpha early access, and I know what that is.

Clearly, you do not.

Edited by Zhrike
  • Like 1

Zhrike, that isn't helpful. 

Mythal its great that your taking the time to talk about the issues and your experience.  Feedback is important in the development of a game. 

What isn't helpful are people who don't realize the value in when you don't have anything good to say don't say it at all.  Like these trolls including the forum police guy.   I am new to this forum and I even found that post a little insulting.    Complaining about trolls has never stopped one and won't now, it just feeds their ego.  Don't feed the animals!

There definitely could be a lag issue there with the door not opening.  I've experienced these issues where there is some sort of server lag or connection lag.  It seems all to common with not just doors, but other players, the way zombies move, and even putting items on the ground and waiting for them to appear.    All the issues so far just seem to be the way the alpha Dayz is.    It is a fun game for a while, but when the problems start happening my friends always remind me that it is in early alpha.   :)   

This latest patch addresses a lot of exciting changes.    I am also excited to see the game change drastically before me which is part of the alpha experience I guess, or kickstarter experience.    Like right now my character is dead and will not respawn and there isn't anything i can do but to be patient and have fun watching videos and reading about player experiences while I await a fix.

THank you DayZ staff for all your hard work!

Peace!

Edited by Moseph