Demaster13

no entry 'bin config.bin/cfgweapons.' error

Hello there ThaLuvPump, Virux, N1klzz, and KR4ZY_L0RD_PR

I was having the issue where whenever I connected to a server, sometimes I'd get no entry 'bin config.bin/cfgweapons.' and immediately get reverted back to the ArmaII:OA main menu, and other times I'd just get kicked back to the main menu without seeing the error message.

I recently figured out why I was being kicked and sent back to the main menu. It was because the version of ArmaII:OA that DAYZ was running on was older than the servers. That being said, you can assume that Steam just didn't update automatically. I went to arma2'S website and downloaded the most recent patch:

File: ARMA 2: Combined Operations / Operation Arrowhead / Reinforcements Patch 1.60

Downloading and installing this fixed the problem of me getting booted back to the main menu, but I'm still seeing the 'cfgweapons' popup. I haven't played to judge whether or not any items or textures in the game are affected by this. Will follow up.

if you dont see shit when you spawn on a place tun likr 50m away and come back... works 90%of the time. dont server hop though its not the way the game is intended to be played..

I have been in over 50 servers and every deer stand and airfield in the game, and I have yet to find a single weapon. We've established that the cfgweapons error isn't the issue, but what is? I've resorted to equipping a hatchet and naming my character Lizzie Borden, and will continue to do so until someone helps me out with a fix.

I honestly think it's just sheer bad luck, redcthulhu. I've read countless people complain about not being able to find weapons, and even I couldn't find one at all last night, and I played for almost 3 hours!

(I found cans, scrap metal, ammo, windscreen glass, what looked like a gas can, and a few other items I can't remember..)

I'm seeing countless people complain about not being able to find weapons, and seeing even more people posting tips in response telling them how to find them. I'm gonna play for a while tonight, and if I play as long as I did last night without successfully arming my character, I might just cry in frustration.

EDIT: K apparently I wasn't fully paying attention when I read your post. Every deer stand and airfield across 50 servers? Wow. No words.

So' date=' I've seen people with this error. I've seen people realize, "It's no big deal." Well, sorry to say, but for me this is game-breaking. My first 2 days of playing after getting this error (happens on EVERY server I log into) I didn't find a single weapon. Ammo would spawn, zombies, etc. I was trying to loot hunter stands. I read about the error and decided maybe this is why I'm NOT finding any weapons. Surely my luck can't be that bad, can it? So i verify integrity, run arma2: AO, exit, run six launcher, launch a server, no error, find a weapon @ the first deer stand I hit. Coincidence? No. Read on... While playing the game, heading for a town to loot, I get the error popped up on my screen: no entry 'bin config.bin/cfgweapons.' My gun disappears from my inventory.

I'm scared to even log into the game. I have an AK, and an m1911. Both of which took me over 3 hours to find and ammo up. I was having a blast but had to log out for whatever reason. I don't want to log in, get the error and have my weapons be gone. I'd probably never play again. I don't know what to do. Every time I run the game i have to verify integrity, and hope it works. It makes it a HUGE pain in the butt. Please try to offer me some fixes. I really don't want to have to re-download the game from steam. But if that's what it takes, I'm willing to do it. Why is this stuff even stored on our side. Hacks/cheating I feel would be stupid easy.

[/quote']

I had the same problem as you man. It was seriously annoying, not to mention the fact it's almost impossible without a weapon of somekind. I just went into the arma directory in my C drive deleted all the DayZ files and reinstalled them with Six Launcher, whether or not that's what actually fixed it is beyond me but it's working now.