Sign in to follow this  
Jesse_James

Focus on the important things

Why is the DayZ team putting so much emphasis on additional content such as ways to open tuna cans instead of correcting obvious shortcomings such as players remaining standing after being killed, and blood flowing like a river from the bodies of players?  

Why are you even asking?

ALPHA. I imagine adding a variable to a knife so that it can open a can is much less code intensive than tracking down why the network bubble doesn't properly send the message to all clients that player X is now dead and needs to animate as such. If you don't like it, don't play the game. You were warned when purchasing it and every time you log in. Read the warning and take it to heart.

• Like 1

Why are you even asking?

ALPHA. I imagine adding a variable to a knife so that it can open a can is much less code intensive than tracking down why the network bubble doesn't properly send the message to all clients that player X is now dead and needs to animate as such. If you don't like it, don't play the game. You were warned when purchasing it and every time you log in. Read the warning and take it to heart.

And how much work would go into simply reducing the 2000 gallons of blood flow to something more realistic?  Considering there is 1.5 gallons of blood in the human body...it is a little ridiculous don't you think? 

Edited by Jesse_James

And how much work would go into simply reducing the 2000 gallons of blood flow to something more realistic? 

You sir, are why fantastic game feature gets cut off games.

Why don`t you use your brain before you make posts?

How many people do you think work on the project?

What do you think an artist is doing as daily business?

And: 

Arts/Designers make new items

Programmers make new functionality.

So while the programmers are working on the things you suggest, the artists and designers work on making new items. Otherwise they would be doing nothing.

Because they are the game devs not us. It might seem all so clear what to fix from your perspective but if you were part of the dev team you'd see things very differently.

And how much work would go into simply reducing the 2000 gallons of blood flow to something more realistic?  Considering there is 1.5 gallons of blood in the human body...it is a little ridiculous don't you think?

Blood Slider... I'll have to check the SA but in the Mod I know there is a Blood Slider. Turn it up you get gallons. Turn it down you get oz.

Why don`t you use your brain before you make posts?

How many people do you think work on the project?

What do you think an artist is doing as daily business?

And: 

Thank you captain obvious. 

Edited by Jesse_James

Actually since I am a Product Owner in a large organization in development I can say for certain they are attacking each thing as much as possible and evenly.

Some features only take a few "sprints" while some "epic" feature or fixes take quite awhile.  It seems because they're dropping other items quickly that's what they're focusing on but it's not.  When those larger items are complete they will get dropped in a fix too! 

Bottom line is BE PATIENT.  

It seems they're on 2/3 week continuous delivery model and that from a devs perspective is quite a challenging pace to keep up with all without losing hair or their wives.

• Like 2

Cut them some slack, please. THEY ARE FOCUSING ON THE IMPORTANT THINGS!! That these things aren't aligned with your narrow focus is completely irrelevant.

obvious shortcomings such as players remaining standing after being killed, and blood flowing like a river from the bodies of players?  

I think its a feature not a bug.  Its easier to find scrubs to take gear from this way.