Sign in to follow this  
Diemaco (DayZ)

Negative Humanity Heartbeat

First up, man I've never enjoyed this game more than with the latest patches. Direct comms working and no global chat is amazing.

Anyway, I just came about a guy who was unarmed. I had an AK so I decided to approach him: 'hey buddy, behind you, can you hear me? Do you have a mic?' He answered in chat: 'no'. Now, my triggerfinger always gets impatient when someone doesn't have a mic. Playing together with someone who can only communicate by typing isn't as much fun as playing with someone who's voice you can hear. Someone's voice says a lot. Anyway, I digress.

The point is, when I targetted him I got a pretty strong heartbeat sound. I'd never heard it before and this was very obvious. So I asked him: 'I hear my heart race when I target you, have you been killing people?' He responded with an evasive answer 'I just got shot at NW airfield, Im headed back there to recover my gear'. My curiosity got the best of me. I wanted to know if the heartbeat sound indeed meant he was a bandit, and I wanted to see if shooting him would give me a bandit kill.

So I shot him, didn't get a bandit kill, but a murder. So what's the deal with the heartbeat sound???

Interesting, all I know is rocket was talking about this as a solution to friend foe identification a while back.

Interesting' date=' all I know is rocket was talking about this as a solution to friend foe identification a while back.

[/quote']

And how to mark someone as your friend? My friend got killed today @ heli crash site, I shoot the killer and now I have 3 murders instead of 2...

Interesting' date=' all I know is rocket was talking about this as a solution to friend foe identification a while back.

[/quote']

And how to mark someone as your friend? My friend got killed today @ heli crash site, I shoot the killer and now I have 3 murders instead of 2...

I hope after the zombies get ironed out int the next patches they work on player interaction / additional features involving player looks and friendly markings etc...

He was unarmed so it would make sense if he was telling the truth. What bandit runs around unarmed?