Sign in to follow this  
ra91111

Viewing , looking , body movement system enhancement

Currently in DayZ you are able to move you head separately from the rest of the body to quickly look at you sides , check your surrounding while moving forward without stopping and make gestures which is awesome  ; ) However when it comes to your hands - currently they are linked to the rest of the body so if you hold a gun in your hands , point at a target and than point to another target the whole body has to move . The problem i found is that because you cannot separate the hands movement when holding a gun from the rest of the body ,the aiming at moving targets to your sides is slow . For example - if you are in front of a person pointing a gun at him if he suddenly he decides to run directly to left  if you want to  shoot him you have to move your whole body to keep the gun pointing at him - which is SLOW!!! compared to the movement speed of the head when holding "alt" key .I think you should be able to move you weapon with the same speed as the head until your target moves behind your shoulders -that you will have to move your legs and change your direction to continue following your target .

My suggestion is to separate the hands movement from the rest of the body - like the head when holding the alt key - or link the head movement with the hands . This will make if possible to run forward look to the side and shoot  while moving forward, 

turning is not slow. its just that the mouse controls are FUBAR.

i tested this yesterday a bit:

- when i move my mouse ~10cm with 'normal' speed, i'll have turned maybe 180°-360°

- when i move my mouse ~10cm fast, i'll have turned maybe 70°-90°

- when i move my mouse ~10cm really slowly while holding "A" or "D" (corresponding to the turning direction) i have turned fucking 1080°

once you get a hang of the completely fucked up, counterintuitive system, you can do 360° quickscope action like in quake by just tapping "A" or "D" while micromoving your mouse 2cm..

and shooting on the move? never gonna happen.

Edited by e47

Currently in DayZ you are able to move you head separately from the rest of the body to quickly look at you sides , check your surrounding while moving forward without stopping and make gestures which is awesome  ; ) However when it comes to your hands - currently they are linked to the rest of the body so if you hold a gun in your hands , point at a target and than point to another target the whole body has to move . The problem i found is that because you cannot separate the hands movement when holding a gun from the rest of the body ,the aiming at moving targets to your sides is slow . For example - if you are in front of a person pointing a gun at him if he suddenly he decides to run directly to left  if you want to  shoot him you have to move your whole body to keep the gun pointing at him - which is SLOW!!! compared to the movement speed of the head when holding "alt" key .I think you should be able to move you weapon with the same speed as the head until your target moves behind your shoulders -that you will have to move your legs and change your direction to continue following your target .

My suggestion is to separate the hands movement from the rest of the body - like the head when holding the alt key - or link the head movement with the hands . This will make if possible to run forward look to the side and shoot  while moving forward, 

This is because of the negative mouse acceleration.

There are games (Source mod "Resistance and Liberation" is only title that pops into my head right now) where slight moves of mouse moves your hands/gun first, and you have to do stronger move to turn your character.

im not suggesting improvements to mouse settings - that is entirely individual i like to put my mouse sensitivity really low to get more accuracy and i turn off the mouse acceleration from my mouse drivers . What i wanted to says and suggest was that your weapon movement reflexes should be faster and more flexible in the game - there is a difference in the speed between the head movement and the body movement in the game ,and the hand are tied to the body movement

There are games (Source mod "Resistance and Liberation" is only title that pops into my head right now) where slight moves of mouse moves your hands/gun first, and you have to do stronger move to turn your character.

exactly  ; )

You can do this in ARMA/DayZ  too when you set the aiming deadzone to something larger than 0.

This has nothing to do with hands/body whatever and everything to do with mouse acceleration.

Edited by myshl0ng

You can do this in ARMA/DayZ  too when you set the aiming deadzone to something larger than 0.

This has nothing to do with hands/body whatever and everything to do with mouse acceleration.

my bad ive never looked at the aiming dead zone - it seems'that it solves this problem basicly/.... : )