SLyySHot

Invisible players

Date/Time:

Can't exactly remember when but sometime around update 1.7.1.1

What happened:

Me and my friend are BOTH invisible to players and zombies alike, but we can still kill both. No reaction from the zombies.

Where you were:

Elektro, hospital northeast( ON TOP OF IT)/Friend was in church closest to the hospital

What you were doing:

Getting a blood-pack that was not there.

*Current installed version:

1.7.1.5/ Friend 1.7.1.5

*Server(s) you were on:

Dallas 46/Dallas 45

*Your system specs:

XP other than that unsure/Friend was using win 7

*Timeline of events before/after error:

My friend got shot, he hid in the church I ran for the northwest hospitel in Elektro to get him a blood pack. None were there so we decided to get off, BEFORE UPDATE 1.7.1.1. after we updated to 1.7.1.1 we came back but we were invisible to players and zombies. We also could not see each other or our selfs. We also tried killing our self's but that was no good either, we'd just end up in the waste land AND if we log out and come back in were right we were when i was getting him a blood pack AFTER i killed myself.

P.S it seems we have different skins then everybody else (hands look different)

I’ve run into a similar problem… but instead of me being the invisible one it’s the zombies that were invisible. I could hear them but I couldn’t see them anywhere. I started to take damage and still nothing was in sight. When I tried to exit the building I was in I couldn’t because the invisible zombies were blocking the door. I unloaded my weapon in the empty space where the zombies should have been but it didn’t kill them.

Do you have the arma II beta installed? I don't think so...

You will be invisible, and you won't save your character properly.

Should make it so its not possible to connect to a server with the wrong beta version.

I’ve run into a similar problem… but instead of me being the invisible one it’s the zombies that were invisible. I could hear them but I couldn’t see them anywhere. I started to take damage and still nothing was in sight. When I tried to exit the building I was in I couldn’t because the invisible zombies were blocking the door. I unloaded my weapon in the empty space where the zombies should have been but it didn’t kill them.

I have encountered those same invisible zombies. Buildings too. 1.7.2.3 beta 95876

I've encountered invisible players who were hacking...

was talking to me on voice chat... changes my inventory full of hacked items... then he makes himself appear and kills a few zombies then says hes out and then vanishes...

There is def a way for hackers to turn invisible to zombies/players a like.

players wearing ghillie suits are currently invisble to me :(

version 1.7.2.3/Beta 95208

Apparently it's the same for my friend.

Cant see me. Wearing a ghillie.

1.7.2.3 latest Arma 2 OA

FIXED. SImply reinstall DayZ, be sure to delete the temp folder too incase something is fishy there.

Now he can see me.

Edited by The Bat

I have also encountered 3 cases of invisible players where i could confirm they were invisible, tags shown but no player and shooting coming from there. also one time someone became visible as soon as they swung their hatchet at me... and that person wasn't wearing a ghillie suit. i have also seen people in ghillie suits so i'm not sure it is related.