Sign in to follow this  
serenejay

Random 'You Are Dead' No gunshots, no warning.

Hi

First of all I just want to say I really love this game, I really love where the game is headed & look forward to new updates.

I'm making this post as I'm incredibly pissed though unfortunately, though I know the standalone is in the Alpha stage. I just don't understand it, I spent at least 48hours with my last character, gathering & being very careful when all of a sudden I get a black screen with the message "You are dead" on it :(... I was inside searching a building, No people, No zombies, gunshots, illnesses or anything. Just.. Dead. 

Wtf?? :(

dont do  anything log out log in but different server i guess its a bug it happened to me after i logged out and back in i hate my stuff

I've read about that bug yes, though I was actually in game.. Minding my own business & randomly get this message.

It's possible you were shot, though. Even if you didn't hear the shot. There's a really horrible bug going on right now where, (even if you're right next to someone) you might not hear their gunshot until the second or sometimes third shot.  <_<

It's not possible given the position I was in had no doorway or windows though. No-one was given the opportunity to shoot at me.

It would be easier to accept if I did actually get shot, but I know I never.

I'm just left thinking why bother putting all that effort in just to be killed for nothing.

It's possible you were shot, though. Even if you didn't hear the shot. There's a really horrible bug going on right now where, (even if you're right next to someone) you might not hear their gunshot until the second or sometimes third shot.  <_<

Same here.

It's not possible given the position I was in had no doorway or windows though. No-one was given the opportunity to shoot at me.

It would be easier to accept if I did actually get shot, but I know I never.

I'm just left thinking why bother putting all that effort in just to be killed for nothing.

There is also the high probability that you dsyncd into an area and someone was able to take out your character from the previous position you were located in, also if you touched up against any walls or windows your character will show through in certain areas and you can be shot in that manner aswell.

• Like 1

There is also the high probability that you dsyncd into an area and someone was able to take out your character from the previous position you were located in, also if you touched up against any walls or windows your character will show through in certain areas and you can be shot in that manner aswell.

Yea I've been having an issue with desync, though I don't think that was the case.

This guy -->

had the exact same problem. He was with a friend & could confirm no pvp involved.. the body just disappeared. 

Mystery

I'm not sure this is the case in DayZ, but in real life it is entirely possible to not even hear a shot, a lot of guns can fire bullets faster than the speed of sound.

Same thing happened to me in a no/low pop server. There may have been 1 or 2 other people online, and I was inside a building (not near any windows or doors) and as I was running toward a staircase leading down, about half way down the stairs, my screen flashed red and then black "you are dead"

Screw bugs, I honestly think I fell down the stairs and broke my neck. LOL

^_^