Taco Mullet

I like starting with no gun, and zombies are a weapon that everyone starts with.

The title pretty much sums up my feelings, here is why.

In the beginning you do not have much to lose, this creates a "who gives a shit" attitude. People with guns who feel this way are more likely to gun down everyone they see without a second thought. Now the player who has had to work to get to a point of being able to defend themselves may reconsider getting all trigger happy for fear of losing the possessions they have rounded up.

I realize that as an unarmed player in this game you are easy prey for those who want to kill you for the thrill of it, to that I say, zombies are a weapon. I made a run at the grocery store in electro last night upon spawning on the beach east of there. I got there with a couple zombies on me, no big deal, grocery store is great place to lose them now. I immediatley found a gun, some survival equipent, and plenty food and water. Outside I heard the zombies that had followed me getting gunned down. I didnt move fast enough, stuck around 1 loot pile to long and was murdered in the back storeroom. Upon respawn I realized I was close to electro again and decided to rain hell down upon the bandits at the grocery store, I got about 30 zombies chasin me and brought them to the grocery store, the results couldnt have been better. I ran into the store again and scored an AK right around the time I heard shots, my 30-40 zombies went after the dinner bell like a charm. I ran outside just in time to see the zombies knock 1 bandit out and another bandit run by me bleeding. It was complete chaos.I gave chase and managed to put a few bullets into the bandit and I left him bleeding on the ground to get eaten by zombies.

My point in all this is, spawning without a weapon forces some serious out of the box thinking. A bi-product of this is an unscripted event that would not have occurred naturally in the game. I also was able to rise above just being a victim to the bandits, all without the use of a gun. If established players want to hunt a new survivor and camp places such as the grocery store, they are gonna have to work for it.

While I was busy being a coast bandit yesterday out of spite of the almost impossible odds my camp was looted I managed to scare a guy into a situation where he got himself killed by zombies without me even having to fire a single shot at him.

Since it happened in the building I was on the roof of I taunted him in direct chat as soon as I heard his leg break sound.

It made me feel so good.

I have to say that was an Awesome Awesome piece of vengence!!! my sweaty cap off to you sir!!!

Thanks!

I am loving this game. I am trying to be a good person, but it is difficult. I love the rat race to get starter equipment after a fresh spawn. All I have ever dreamed of is getting up northwest and living off the land and exterminating zombies. It is a simple dream, but there is a lot that always goes wrong with that plan.

I hadnt really thought to hard about the impact of starting with no morphine, until I got a broken leg up by Pustoshka. It was a bad situation, I had all the equipment I needed to hunt and cook finally. I was loaded down with a sniper rifle/ak74 Kobra/revolver. So not wanting to give up I crawled to Stary Sobor to scrounge around in the military tents. I found the morphine, but got greedy and hung around a little to long, in the end zombies ate me. My FPS was going real goofy and I basicly had zombies teleport all around me inside a tent, shit happens in alpha. So in the future, finding morphine is a must in the beginning alongside all the other important suvival tools.

Also on my crawl, I managed to kill,gut, and cook a cow!

I sprinted through electro and cherno on the main road gathering as many zombies as I could to attack a group of bandits at Balota who were killing unarmed noobs. By the time I got there they had gone and I managed to lose my party of zeds from at a peak of 30-40 down to only 4-5.

It's a good tactic. But I dunno if kiting zombies on ppl really adds anything to the immersion factor or realism of the game. Trust me I'd do it too if I had no gun because I'd be forced to exploit the mechanics of the game to stay alive but I wish there was another way.

I hate when players try to dump their train of zeds on me. someone did it to me the other day in the airfield on the south coast. I had just recently spawned, but luckily had already found a hatchet. I was looking through the hanger for goodies, and in runs this unarmed player with 3 zeds in tow. he sees me, and starts running at and away from me to try to get his zed buddies to focus on me. luckily I was able to kill all 3 zeds, but I got hit and was bleeding. I bandaged myself up, walked over to the other player, and chopped his ass up as well. I felt kinda bad, but I was pissed he almost got me killed

I was also thinking it would be cool if you could do this with the wildlife. like if you got a bunch of zeds on your tail, you could run near a cow, and they would all attack it instead

I gear up very fast. This method is how I do it. Sprint, speed loot, sprint some more, speed loot.

I've found the sneaking method results in me being in the 9k blood region by the time I get my weapons, pack, ammo and tools. With sprinting I'm almost always over 11k blood. At that point I usually slow down and move into stealth mode.

I haven't played since the new patch and hotfixes dropped, but my old respawn tactics should still be relevant. It went something like this.

1. Spawn at coast. Guess my approximate location to the best of my ability.

2. Check the Chernarus map I always have up on my second monitor.

3. Locate the nearest barn and run to it.

4. ????

5. PROFIT (Maybe find Winchester and/or food and/or soda and/or hatchet/hunting knife.)

6. Repeat steps 3 through 5.

I tend to do this for at least a few hours until I have plenty of low-to-mid-tier supplies before heading northwest to tackle Stary Sobor and the airfield.

I guess with the new spawn rules (no morphine, etc.) this won't work as well as it has in the past, but I will adapt my playstyle.

Training zeds is nothing new. In fact most PvE players cry about it as some form of griefing.

ANYTHING EXCEPT SHOOTING ZEDS AND TALKING TO PLAYERS IS GRIEFING GUYS.

I realize that training zeds is nothing new. However the dynamic has changed with being able to shake zombies. I am not the kind of player who gets my kicks from hunting and or being a general dick to other survivors. My main goal has been to become self-sufficient and rack up my zombie kill count. My experience in meeting people has always ended with hot led, or an axe in my head, so I am solo-play focussed. You really can not trust anyone when civilization crumbles.

My point is, when starting a new toon. I am all about dash and grab. Until I have some stuff to worry about losing, I am not gonna crawl in the dirt for hours to find a gun. I have the ability to lose zombies now. I realize that can leave me open to assault by bandits, it is a risk I am willing to take in the race for survival. I do not bring exess zombies with me unless I am raining hell down on some bandits that just blew me away before I had a chance to even score my first can of beans. Now if training zombies onto bandits who just murdered me in an unarmed state is considered griefing, then it is completley an eye for an eye. And eye for an eye seems to be the law of the land. This kind of behavior will at least make a bandit think about firing at an unarmed man being chased by 30 zombies for fear of becoming the target of the zombies afterward. If you want to camp new players at the grocery store in Elektro, or wherever, hope you are willing to fight some zombies in the process, majority will prolly just log out till that gets fixed though.

Way to rock OP. The mod and forums need more people like this. When he was gunned down, in circumstances that I have seen plenty of people on the forum complain about, he did not. He tried something new. We need less complaining and cries for fixing things and more people experimenting and seeing what they can do with what we have.

Way to rock OP. The mod and forums need more people like this. When he was gunned down' date=' in circumstances that I have seen plenty of people on the forum complain about, he did not. He tried something new. We need less complaining and cries for fixing things and more people experimenting and seeing what they can do with what we have.

[/quote']

Thanks, I appreciate your support, this is exactly what I was going for.

Damn, that's some out of the box thinking right there. Always thought that'd be a good idea, I saw some guy try doing it to me, but I shot him before he got to me, I was at the hospital in Elektro, and he comes running down the street with 60+ zombies on him (before zombies couldn't see through walls/an Extreme server with like 500+ zombies all the time), I took aim and shot him dead for the zombies to get before he got to me. Not long after that he came back, and dragged them all away from his dead body, I went up to him and looted him, I got me some very useful ammo :D.