Sign in to follow this  
mrommy@hotmail.com

[1.7.1.5] Primary weapon disappears from backpack after logout

Date/Time: June 23rd, 2012 - around 4pm and 6pm

What happened: Primary weapon disappeared from backpack after logging in.

Where you were: Black Forest

What you were doing: Logged in

*Current installed version: DayZ 1.7.1.5 (ARMA2 OA Build 93965)

*Server(s) you were on: DayZ - RU1 (v1.7.1.5/Beta 9395) [VETERAN][GMT+4] dayzmod.com - by 3ebra.ru

*Your system specs: GTX 260, E8400 3GHz, Windows 7 64-bit

*Timeline of events before/after error: (see below)

I've gone through the bugs and found none like this one, closest was this:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=18354

However, the above bug involves switching a weapon into a full backpack, which I already know how to avoid. This is different.

Me and my friend were logged off in the black forest, I was using a "M4A1 CCO SD" (7 ammo) with a "DMR" (3 ammo) in my backpack, while my friend was using a "L85A2 AWS" (3 ammo) and had a "Mk 48" (3 ammo) in his backpack.

Today, when we logged into a random server (RU1), my friend immediately noticed that his backpack suddenly had 10 extra slots, and that the Mk 48 was gone. Not much worry though, he wasn't planning on using it much anyways.

Two hours later we were up north in Gvozdno when the server died. We switched servers (to SE 6), my character was in the wrong position, but what's worse was that my "DMR" sniper rifle was gone (though the ammo remained).

I'm not qualified to speak of what the cause was for this bug, but both cases seem to have happened on the same server. ;)