Bart1989

where is my pistol and difficulty

2 questions really, 1 - where is my starting pistol, tried 2 games now, i have no weapons at the start, and 2 - what is the difference in difficulties (veteran, regular and recruit) i assume that is why i have no weapon, also, anyone wants to coop?

oh oh and 3 - how do i chat across all map, i see people talking but i can only chat local

With the new version of DayZ you can no longer chat globally or start with a Pistol, if you see others chatting globally then that means they haven't updated?

so where can i find weapons? i found car parts, blood packs, bandages, ammo and everything you can think of, but no weapons

I think the game should let you make weapons, they're trying to go for this realistic feel about the game, But I see many Items that could be nice weapons, and Dying of thirst, Im in a lush green forest surrounded by farms?

- Barns, as were mentioned earlier, often spawn "basic" weapons (double-barrel shotgun, Winchester, etc.) Grocery stores seem to reliably spawn basic weapons as well.

- Factory and warehouse buildings sometimes spawn weapons and drinks, but naturally tend to contain more vehicle parts.

- Military areas will spawn very good weapons, and all types of gear, but that causes them to be "farmed" by other players.

- Deer stands very often have a gun and the appropriate ammo, and are basically always free of zombies. They are usually very isolated, and hard to find without metagaming it and using the map @ dayzmap.info

- Barns' date=' as were mentioned earlier, often spawn "basic" weapons (double-barrel shotgun, Winchester, etc.) Grocery stores seem to reliably spawn basic weapons as well.

- Factory and warehouse buildings sometimes spawn weapons and drinks, but naturally tend to contain more vehicle parts.

- Military areas will spawn very good weapons, and all types of gear, but that causes them to be "farmed" by other players.

- Deer stands very often have a gun and the appropriate ammo, and are basically always free of zombies. They are usually very isolated, and hard to find without metagaming it and using the map @ [url']dayzmap.info

dont forget other players can supply you weapons, assuming you can kill them before they get you

If you head to Cherno, it's got virtually everything you'd need to survive. Most of the apartments/buildings have soda and water canteens. Theres also a few grocery stores which have a lot of food and sometimes spawn guns. Theres a hospital in Cherno too that'll give you plenty of bandages, blood packs, morphine, and painkillers.

If you head to Cherno' date=' it's got virtually everything you'd need to survive. Most of the apartments/buildings have soda and water canteens. Theres also a few grocery stores which have a lot of food and sometimes spawn guns. Theres a hospital in Cherno too that'll give you plenty of bandages, blood packs, morphine, and painkillers.

[/quote']

To elaborate on this point though... if you go to Cherno or Elektro for gear, please don't come here when you get killed to complain. If you go to Cherno or Elektro 99% of the time, you are going to have a real bad time.

Difficulty settings mainly include crosshair on/off, 3rd person view on/off, and nametags on/off. There is also map markers and your map location settings but not sure which settings include or disable those. What makes it confusing is that you can have a regular server with any combination of the above settings so it kind of makes the Regular/Veteran designation useless. It all comes down to the individual settings the server admin chooses.