Sign in to follow this  
kingrex

Bambi care package drops (player driven)

So was on YouTube and stumbled onto this video, it's not the greatest but it gets the point across. http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plpp&v=-bQdat2Bk0c&list=WL

Once the ability to throw objects is implemented and aircraft are in "heroes" could get protected cases or a similar container to drop off food and supplies to fresh spawns or team mates, so you don't have to land.

Just imagine the possibilities of being about to throw stuff out of your aircraft at people. ( also improvised aerial combat)

Edited: Now we just have to find snakes. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BXmMRlQtnP8 (joking) but when improvised explosives are added it could be used the same way. I'm hopping they are not over powered/ chance of not going off.

Edited by kingrex

you do realize this is a zombie survival simulator?

Ummmm ... noooooooooooo ... 

Simulator - a machine designed to provide a realistic imitation of the controls and operation of a vehicle, aircraft, or other complex system, used for training purposes.

... lets get it right ...

DayZ is a multiplayer open world survival horror video game

So what exactly is wrong with his suggestion when there are going to be vehicles of some sort and Heroic players might want to help newer players.

How about you try to be more constructive next time and not just have a brain fart.

Edited by novogeek
  • Like 3

I disagree, they are adding throwable objects and vehicles and I am a person that likes helping people out and not getting shot so I help from the skies.

Edit: punctuation.

Edited by kingrex

how about you stop trying to argue useless semantics

hey look, I can do it too

"1. a person or thing that simulates."

this game simulates a zombies apocalypse in which an airplane dropping supplies doesn't seem to fit zombie apocalypses where even food is rare

Edited by tempaccount

that it's completely unrealistic 

Sorry ... not bashing you ... but how did you come about that reasoning?

Because a Zombie is not unrealistic? Not too mention the hundreds of other things in the game that are unrealistic ... your logic is flawed.

Not trying argue, just trying to see what people think of the idea, if you disagree that's fine. Though I would like to keep this civil, I still like to hear criticism.

Sorry ... not bashing you ... but how did you come about that reasoning?

Because a Zombie is not unrealistic? Not too mention the hundreds of other things in the game that are unrealistic ... your logic is flawed.

the game is based on an ideal of a zombie apocalypse

usually when we think of zombie apocalypses we think of a virus spreading from person to person and society collapsing, and for airplanes with fuel to no be sitting on a runway ready to take off the drop care packages of supplies that are already sparsely available

I'm not sure why you're saying my logic is flawed when yours is basically "there are some unrealistic aspects of the game so it might as well be a FPS roleplay game"

the game is aimed at being realistic and having airplanes with airdrops =/= realistic in the ideal of a realistic zombie apocalypse

But if your group got say an ultralight working and say some one got cut off from the rest of you group, one could drop supplies to them. I don't see how this is unrealistic, it's just late game stuff.

Your thought process is completely unrealistic. 

... and for airplanes with fuel to no be sitting on a runway ready to take off the drop care packages of supplies that are already sparsely available

the game is aimed at being realistic and having airplanes with airdrops =/= realistic in the ideal of a realistic zombie apocalypse

I doubt highly that any vehicles will be 'sat there' in perfect working order, waiting for a player to stumble across.

We are provided with no back story, if a brother wants to spend his time getting vehicles in working order and gathering supplies so he can make his own story up, then fair play to the lad...

Yeah it by no way should be easy to do this. One must first find an aircraft, then fix/fuel it up, gather more supplies, then fly to the coast when most bandits camp.

aaaahahahaa.

so in reall life, people can't throw out things out of an aircraft..?

the youtubevideo was a lie?

We need to go deeper.
Zombie action movies would have this, and it IS possible to physically, actually do in real life. We could have like bombs too, a few left over from Chernarus's defence force supply in depots, that you could drop from the sky to kill kill kill some zom-babes mmmmmm mmmmmmm!
But with your air drop, there would probably need to be some sort of damage system to thrown and air-dropped items. Maybe items dropped from the sky could go down in quality by a level or two and cans could break open and rice bags could explode and stuff.

We need to go deeper.

Zombie action movies would have this, and it IS possible to physically, actually do in real life. We could have like bombs too, a few left over from Chernarus's defence force supply in depots, that you could drop from the sky to kill kill kill some zom-babes mmmmmm mmmmmmm!

But with your air drop, there would probably need to be some sort of damage system to thrown and air-dropped items. Maybe items dropped from the sky could go down in quality by a level or two and cans could break open and rice bags could explode and stuff.

I agree, the items dropped should be damaged in the fall that's why is suggested using the protective cases. Could also make a small parachute out of rages and rope.

Edited by kingrex