Sign in to follow this  
Rushthezeppelin

Possible fix for desyncing and rubber banding!

So all last patch I had problems with this on most servers.  Yesterday I started having problems again after 5 days playing clean.  I realized today that the new patch had reset my screen name to my computer name and that I had changed it yesterday before trying to play.  Go back into the main menu and change it back to the computer name.  Was able to get on 4 servers in a row without desync issues but of course I had to make sure so I went back and changed the name again and sure enough problems on every server I go on.  But now it won't fix no matter what I do with my screen name.  Someone should try changing their name back to their computer name and DON'T change it to see if the problem clears up at least once when that is done.

Got it to work again after changing my computers name itself.  Then I went into the game played a server with old computer name, desynced and quit that one, then changed the name to the new name and its working

Well this fix seems only somewhat temporary.  After a while the server I get on will start to give me desync issues.  Still 3 out of 4 times changing my computer name and then in game name has worked to give me at least a few hours of play before a server craps out on me.

Bump anyone else gotten this to work?  Doesn't seem like near as many people have desync/rubber band issues as last patch.  Perhaps not many have changed their in game names yet.

Ok so i just tried this. I changed my computer name to match my ingame name and suddenly zero issues. I got a broken yellow chain when I first logged in but then smooth sailing. Now I only played for about 5 minutes and I didnt run into anyone so I am going to test that and get back to you.

Anyone else think this fix is unbelievable cause I don't believe it and it just worked.

EDIT: Just logged in with a friend and the issue is back.

Edited by zainredding