Sign in to follow this  
Ralelen

Should I Feel Bad About This?

Well being a new player, Ive learned to be very cautious after being KOSed a bunch of times my bandits. Heeding everyone’s advice I head north as soon as I spawn, at this point Ive picked up some basic supplies, including a fire extinguisher as a weapon. After a few hours of searching for a back pack, I find an unconscious survivor just outside of a small town with a zombie standing over him. I sneak up behind the zombie and kill him with the fire extinguisher. I search the unconscious guy, I see he has a backpack, more food then I do, some painkillers, and an axe. I decided to put him out of his misery rather than allow him to wake up. Should I have allowed him to live?

I don't think so the zed would have surely finished him off either way

You could have just taken his gear, technically there was no need to kill him. However since it is almost impossible to distinguish dead and unconscious players atm, he may very well already have been dead. As such I don't think it is something you need to spend much time lamenting.

• Like 1

Nah, I'm not a KOSer but if I find someone knocked out with gear while I'm still nubbed up I will take it in a heartbeat.

Usually unconsiuos players are making pained noise (fak that hurts) ....

Usually, but it is not 100% foolproof method of distinguishing, as I have encountered desynced dead players doing the same though (giving the "You cannot perform this action on a dead player" message).

Usually unconsiuos players are making pained noise (fak that hurts) ....

Thats how I found him, by his pained noises and not the zombie's.