Felonious_Monk

Something that happened to me - Help!

So I was scavenging with my guy, eating and drinking when they turned red. All good food. The food I was eating was sardines but it was pristine and not rotten. All of a sudden my screen gradually started losing color. There was no sickness indication or anything like that. I took vitamins anyway just in case. My guy still kept losing color and eventually went unconscious. What gives? What happened to him?

No he wasn't bleeding. I guess I'll just chock it up to a glitch in the game. It sucks though because I was getting G'd up man!  :(

Bummer.....

Most likely a glitch man, this is Alpha. Don't worry too much about it, it will get better as the game advances, have fun in DayZ man!

Did you open the cans by yourself or were they open?

As soon as the hunger or thirst go red you begin to lose blood. Leaving your hunger and thirst until red is a sure fire way to get yourself weakened if not killed. Search up merino dayz on youtube he make very informative videos on the subject.

Can you "disinfect" food and leave it for others as poison? If so, then maybe that's what happened.