Sign in to follow this  
Pr0jectseph

Is there a benefit to surrendering gear?

If I ever get surrounded by a bunch of guys with guns, I hope I already have my gun out. Why go through a "no YOU put your gun down" argument? If you're gonna die, might as well take one with you?

Why the assumption that you will die? They didnt Kos so is it just that they want your gear unruined?

Ive never been held up, only kossed. When my friends and I see other players we get them to submit and have a chat. Of the many encounters with other players they have always complied bar one incident where the guy just ran and we killed him for disobeying orders. The only thing Ive ever stolen is a guys ballistic helmet and I gave him my motorcycle helmet. They always leave with 95% of their gear intact.

I feel bad for the people whose only option in a hold up is fight back or flee, you must have lost many characters and gear due to this.

I understand getting held up and killed 10 times in a row would breed this behaviour. Its a shame this is your experience in the game. 

I am a nice guy in real life and cant play any other way in game without feeling horrible. Where do you people live that there are so many psychopaths running around robbing and killing people? (Even though its just a game, I still feel empathy for fellow dayz players).

Edited by blank85
  • Like 1

Depends on the situation.. I was held up by two guys and all they told me to do was answer two riddles correctly the first time and they would let me free. Didn't loose anything; All I gained was a rotten kiwi lol

Really it depends on their gear. You can take a risk at how well they are able to utilize what they've got and run, or play it out to see what's going to happen. I normally find if I'm being held up by guys with axes I normally run around them and knock them out b/c I have the upper hand; faster movement (since they have their axes wielded). More times than not though, you'll find you fight or run... otherwise you will die.