Sign in to follow this  
mannstrane

DayZ Alpha will not run at 4k

Hi!  

I am using the Asus PQ321Q 31.5 4k Monitor and DayZ Alpha does not run at any resolution via Display Port being driven via a Nvidia K6000 under Windows 7.

Would be great if someone had a solution to try since its a huge pain to disconnect and use a different monitor.  When I load up the Alpha DayZ will just minimize each time.  When i try to maximize the application the screen flashes black then stays minimized.  My guess is that DayZ has no idea what to do with a resolution of 3840x2160.

Thanks!

Hi!  

I am using the Asus PQ321Q 31.5 4k Monitor and DayZ Alpha does not run at any resolution via Display Port being driven via a Nvidia K6000 under Windows 7.

Would be great if someone had a solution to try since its a huge pain to disconnect and use a different monitor.  When I load up the Alpha DayZ will just minimize each time.  When i try to maximize the application the screen flashes black then stays minimized.  My guess is that DayZ has no idea what to do with a resolution of 3840x2160.

Thanks!

Man, as far as I'm concerned you should just hook up the second monitor for playing DayZ. I doubt they can/will focus on this now.

However, if you do what I said, you can press windows key + P to switch easily between all possible multi-monitor configurations, easily changing which screen dayz runs on.

Go into your .cfg file (it should be in a folder in DOCUMENTS named "DayZ" or "DayZ Other Profiles")

Find the Resolution=

Change what comes after the = to 1280x720 or 1920x1080 (something the game DOES run at)

Launch game

Go into settings

Change display size to the highest you can before it crashes. If it flickers and shuts off again, repeat until you figure out what the largest display is you can handle.

If your graphics card can handle 4K, run the game at something like 1920x1080 and change 3D resolution to 300% (the game will look incredible)

Changing the cfg will require a text editing program of some kind (so if you get the error "Windows does not know how to open this file" right-click and "Open with-->" and choose whatever you have available)

Edited by Applejaxc

You're better off not playing at all instead of that resolution anyways. Unless you like 10 fps.

You're better off not playing at all instead of that resolution anyways. Unless you like 10 fps.

If my 2x6950s can handle 3 monitors at 1080 in eyefinity with about 40+ fps I'm sure you can get a rig that will at least pull an acceptable 30.