Sign in to follow this  
F1ackM0nk3y

Bayonets useful as weapons

So I know that Bayonets are only good for opening up cans and such but, does anyone know when they will actually be useful as weapons? I ask because they are implementing another bayonet into the game but, for the most part, bayonets seem to serve little purpose (other than looking pretty.)

Eventually it will be implemented. The game its in early alpha, beta it's expected for the end of this year and from there another year 'till the actual game its officially a game out and running. I f i remenber right of course.

the animation is in the game for a stock-smack, and a bayonet stab

Strange then that they have not put in the damage variables for it. I would understand if the animation still needed to be done but, with animation done I wonder what the hold up is

I have a feeling that they need to fix the "Toggle weapon" command before they can make this work well, I hear people are having problems with it, Because a BIS tradition is to make a certain button cycle between weapon modes (semi,full and grenade launcher switching was a thing on an m4 with an m203 in ARMA 2).

there's a weapon switch key?

I believe its T.. pressing the T key will change you between semi auto, 3 round burst and full auto.. depending on weapon ofc.

Edited by Epsilon

Apparently a bayonet increases the dispersion rate of the weapon to which it is attached.  So, if you wish to have a more "accurate" and/or "precise" weapon, remove the bayonet.