Sign in to follow this  
Bre3ze

Tweaking View Distance and Object detail

So i've been playing DayZ on a normals Laptop for a while now, it is playable because I have watched the FPS increase tutorials in YouTube. (i play at about 25 fps) 

My viewdistance in the DayZ notepad is sceneComplexity=100000; viewDistance=1600; preferredObjectViewDistance=1600;

And my Object detail ingame is on very low (i think its how far it renders, Very high = very high view distance)

Will this affect the distance I see players from? Does this mean I can't see players very far off, thus putting me at a disadvantage?

Yeah it does effect it abit, For example i also game on a laptop and use the same config settings as you and when i try to look at people from far away i sometimes see like only the bottom of them or like they would be see through, It doesn't effect it if you zoom in though

Yeah it does effect it abit, For example i also game on a laptop and use the same config settings as you and when i try to look at people from far away i sometimes see like only the bottom of them or like they would be see through, It doesn't effect it if you zoom in though

If i remember right i read somewhere a dev saying game renders additional ground layer in distance to compensate lack of grass and other detail what would be hiding him in closer range.

I have both view distances set to 1000 which i think is enough in any situation.