Sign in to follow this  
gergo4961

FPS Lag with ,,good" computer

Hey guys!

6 months ago I bought a new gaming computer for a pretty reasonable price, I worked all summer to buy it.

My PC specs:
- CPU: AMD FX-6100 [Overclocked it a bit]
- GPU: 2047MB Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 (Non TI)
- RAM: 8 GB DDR3 Ram

Saw gameplay videos on youtube with almost the same specs as mine and games ran faster there, even with the recording program screwing all up. And yeah, if I'd start recording I'd just mess my game up and my fps would drop to 10-20.

I run the game in 1920*1080, and EVERYTHING is set on Low / Normal. Shadows, clouds, AA disabled.

I saw a guide about getting more FPS and it didn't really get me more, these are my launch settings(tried it with windows compatibility, didn't really fix a thing):
-cpuCount=4 -exThreads=3 -maxMem=7168 -maxVram=2048 -nosplash -noPause

My friends have far worse computers than me and they can run the game totally fine with the auto-adjusted settings. When I first launched the game it lagged like hell with the automatic settings.

Some other things I noticed:

- My brother (who has a bad computer, Day Z lags on his computer too because it's not the best [4gb ram, etc]) loads games faster than me (not Day Z though). I noticed this while playing Serious Sam BFE and Dota.

- I also play CS:GO with some of my friends and they have more FPS on "Ultra" settings than me, and my specs are better than theirs.

Hold up for a scond please! I'm not bragging, and I'm not going for super fancy HD graphics, I'd just like to know what's the problem with my build and how can I make the game more enjoyable for myself.

Thank you very much to anyone who helps!

~ Gergő

Edited by Gergo4961

I'm at the best internet provider in the country with the #2 best internet package, that's not the problem :\

Try changing these values in your "yourname.dayzprofile" -file to get some more fps.

(These are my values and are set to quite low.)

sceneComplexity=100000;
shadowZDistance=50;
viewDistance=1000;
preferredObjectViewDistance=1000;

By the way,isn't your RAM set to 3gb in launch settings?
  • Like 1

Oh yeah sorry, those were my previous settings. I already changed the number but the game still lags. Editing main topic now :)

Using your settings now, thanks!

EDIT:

FPS increased by 10-15 in big cities, thank you, but it's still lagging, my fps goes down to 20-25 sometimes :(

Still not so enjoyable!

Edited by Gergo4961

Before the latest update, my game was running perfectly fine, but now every second the game, skips a few frames. It almost looks like a stutter.

I have:

- CPU: Intel® Core i7-3770k @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs)

- GPU: 4033MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670

- RAM: 16GB DDR Ram

Also, it could not possibly be my internet because I have:

Upload: 100Mbs (Megabytes: 12.5/s)

Download: 10Mbs (Megabytes: 1.25/s)

This issue is really irritating. The game is no longer enjoyable at all.

• Like 1

Yup, same here man. I've posted this a few times too, since the latest update the game runs horribly. Prior to the third update i could get around 40 fps in cherno, after the update, less than 20. Everything low, changed settings in every possible combination, even dropped resolution to 1280x720.

Edited by OMGItzGnaR

Welcome to the crap engine of all arma games, enjoy your shit fps and never expect it to be fixed just like arma 3 and arma 2.

• Like 1

Your internet, may slow you down.

Internet doesn't cause FPS lag, your computer does. It only causes rubberbanding and ping-lag.

The fact that they used the arma engine for this - not even to mention the arma 2 engine - to create a standalone, tell us one thing and one thing only: DayZ:SA IS A HUGE SCAM!

What else can you call it when a mod-maker, takes the mod, then "remakes" it again, in the same engine that he made the mod for?

Not to mention that arma engines SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN BUILT FOR A GAME, EVER!

These were built as military simulators. They are utter rubbish and absolute garbage compared to ANY half-decent engine in the gaming industry. They were not meant for games. Any game built on such an engine is AN ABSOLUTE FAIL. That is what Arma games are, ABSOLUTE FAIL.

DayZ is the only reason Arma2 sold at all.

It should have been built on another engine.

That is, ladies and gentlemen, what a scam is.

They are repackaging the exact same thing, with a bit different server side architecture to force all the data on server side rather than client (to stop hacking/cheating, obviously) and then selling it.

I am going to laugh when all the lawsuits come piling down on Bohemia and they lose 5x more than what they think they earned. This might very well bankrupt their company with this big of a sham.

Get your act together guys.

Yes we know its an alpha but every single tech decision youve made so far is lining you up to get sued out your **** and that is exactly what will happen.

You are scamming us.

We're even nice enough to give you a chance to correct your mistakes.

So do it.

Edited by mythal

Internet doesn't cause FPS lag, your computer does. It only causes rubberbanding and ping-lag.

Actually - that statement would be true in any other game but due to the inherent lack of ability of bohemia at doing anything shy of amateur, internet lag actually does slow down your FPS in DayZ:SA due to how theyve coded it.

Yes thats right, your actual frames will not render until server has responded.

Its that retarded.

And with battle-eye problems and server code going crazy right now.....yes its causing all sorts of problems, not only lag, but FPS stutter and entire game client freeze ups while it 'waits for server code'.........

These guys have no clue how to build multiplayer code....quite obviously.

Do you know what model of hard-drive you have? The fact that you say that your brother with a worse PC loads games up faster than you makes me think that your might be rather slow, which can cause massive problems in games like ArmA and DayZ.