Chawktah

Cheating you've encountered

The worse one I have seen is character duping. They log off on at the right moment and can dupe their entire character. I have come across an area where there were 15+ of the same character all standing there.

Shit ton of combat loggers/server hopping

People usually do it to duplicate their bags of rice and canteens (best equipment for camping).

To those getting shot through walls, don't forget your bag/gun sometimes stick out through walls.  I cornered someone in the radio tower once, and I saw his gun poking out through a wall in the middle story.  I kept shooting the wall, not sure if I got him.

Nothing. Nichts. Ingenting. Ei mitään. 何も.

Not a single cheat in 79 hours.

Encountered one cheater (I think). A couple of friends and I went to balota and were just about running through the door to the ATC tower when we all lagged out for a second or two. We then heard gunshots and were apparently being shot through a wall. We quickly checked upstairs, bullets still whizzing past our heads through the wall, and then disconnected. Luckily we survived, and I still have a couple of ruined canteens from the encounter.

Hacking is very limited on Dayz SA. People using free hacks being banned after few hours of using them. Payed hacks also dont give many options, unless they are script based. And again BE is doing massive banwawes. Hundreds being banned at the same time. Its mostly ESP hack, and sometimes teleport in short distances. No spawn or god mode, nothing extreme. Its all there, you just have to google it..

Its not going to be as bad as it was with the mod, because there is no more keys. Every time someone get banned, they will have to create a new steam acc and pay a full price for the game. And if there will be server monitoring in the future there will be even less hackers. BattleEye and VAC are doing really good at the moment. There will always be hacks, but it will be so few that it wouldnt even matter.

Sry for my grammar.

There has been only two situations where I had some doubts within 120 hours of playing.

Nothing I can confirm, might have been just plain luck though.

I think people in this game jump far too quickly to the conclusion that they have encountered a cheater. In 125 hours of play I have only encountered one example of what might have been cheating, and I have not confirmed that it was actually cheating so I'm not going to say with any certainty that it was a cheater.

The incident in question took place when I was in the top floor of an office building, in the room where the weapons spawn. When using third person in that room the camera sometimes clips and you can see outside, I was not doing this intentionally but I saw a guy coming up on the building and looking right at me so I decided to book it out of there. As soon as I left the room he opened fire from outside the building, he was on the ground near a neighbouring building and not cam-clipping through the wall so I suspected he was using the old PBO exploit that allowed people to see through certain walls.

• Like 1

Me and two friends got killed last night by a hacker , we were coming over the back of sniper hill two of us walking together , whilst our third friend was approaching from the front so we could all meet up and go down into Elektro together , all of sudden this guy appears between me and my friend spraying an m4 , wasnt a log in no reload sound and instantly moving and spraying .

He shot me I went unconcious then as i was getting back up he teleported behind my friend and started spraying him in the back

he dropped to the floor unconcious , he then teleported down to our third  friend who was coming up the hill , and proceded to spray his m4 whilst doing little warps around him ,  he killed our third friend and he then appeared in between me and the second player shot me and got shot in the back by my m8 and killed .  The surviving member of our group started to loot his corpse and he teleported in again fully geared and killed him . So it seems he had at least esp teleport and the abillity to spawn items in game .

Having said this the stand alone is no where near as bad as the mod got for hackers . I'm just hoping we dont get a return to the thunder dome mass teleports hackers on nearly every server , that destroyed all the fun of playing the mod for me .

Edited by Mafster

Zero...

One thing I sometimes wonder...

Sometimes in a city all doors open, only the doors are closed with only clothes in it. I know they also could have nice loot.

Looks like someone was in the city seeing the loot without searching the buildings.

"Good" loot only spawns in about 5 different kinds of buildings. The many spawn only clothing, and more only food.

only thing i have encountered so far was someone on experimental with "fists of desync", i haven't seen any cheater in this game since the beginning^^

I have seen 1 hacker. Met him on the Titanic, he tried communicating with me with VC, sounded like a young boy maybe 12-14. I was roleplaying a psychopath, and immediately started wailing on him with my crowbar I found on the ship, and he said like wait, stop, there's something we need to talk about. Then I watch his run thorough the deck walls and then over the side of the ship and I continue pursuit as best as I can. He loses me and then returns this time my crowbar has no effect at all after half a dozen close range swings and he is knocking me around with a fire extinguisher.

So try hide on some ledge and fall to my death. It was a really odd encounter.

I have also been spawn killed in under 5-7 seconds by fully geared players at an airfield. I log in and my character makes some weird pain noise while hiding in a shed behind closed doors and withing 5-7 seconds someone shows up at the shed, opens the doors, and I am dead.

Twice

Once I met a guy in solnichny, new spawn

A guy appeared nearby with his handgun already drawn and I went behind a fence

He tracked my exact movements behind the buildings and fences as though he had ESP

I move left, he moves left, I move right, his aim moves right, went prone, his aim lowered

I lean out, dead, headshot at 50metres, 1 shot from a .45 pistol

The other time we logged off a laggy server and when we came to a new server we were spilt up

While trying to meet he is teleported to NEAF and dropped from a height while unlimited clip M4 shoots him

Then I hear loud music in direct and I'm in open woodland with no bushes and no one around

I managed to log out ok though

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

Maybe one time, don't know if it was a hack or just bad glitches / desynch.

Was in a town in the bottom floor of the "school" building. Went into a storage room, looked around then tried to leave the room straight trough the door.

I got stuck on the doorframe. Even though I was walking straight to the open door, I stopped at the doorframe, wasn't able to move through it and was behaving like I walked against a solid wall. After trying for a few seconds, I stepped back into the room, where I could move freely.

Then I stood besides the door, with my left side to the open door, as someone with a Python in hand, slowly appeared from the wall (like he shoved himself trough the wall from the corridor I wanted to go in), sideways with his gun pointing at me and then he shot one time and my screen went black.

Looked creepy-funny as he slowly slid out of the wall. Dying from this shit wasn't so funny at all.

Playing with a friend. Went to balota. Checked the lower and upper room in the military building. going down again, suddenly a guy comes out of the lower office and shoots us. he has hidden in the walls using that annoying glitch. This needs to be fixed asap.

Well thats a glitch, but the guys who use it are no better than hackers.

Edited by Sloddor

I thought I had been hacked. My friend was shot while I was in a garage eating. the guy says drop your gun and come out, I say no as he just killed my friend. I didn't know where he was so I closed the door, thought if he wants to kill me he will have to be dumb and open the door. He was dumb I fired 2 shots from the magnum both hit the door. I moved out put 3 shots in his back 0 damage. I moved round the back of the garage and he came round the other way. I moved back into cover and he shot me through the wall. I was so mad with hakusations on TS then it dawned on me; desync.

A second time I was killed from nowhere at point black range from behind, with what sounded like a full auto magnum but I not 100% sure. I'm pretty certain nobody could have been that close unnoticed and the gun fired like an M4 but was very loud, Either hacker or my mistake but this one I can't explain.

So use a glitch into walls or rooms and shoot guys from this position isent cheating? Some guys will tell me now no its bugusing, ithink its booth cheating with using a bug.

Encountering more cheaters. 3 more in the last few days. An ESP sniper and 2 warpers. One of em was invisible and broke my legs then murdered me and a friend. Gotta love high population servers >.<

Had a guy teleporting around me as i ran shooting an sks like a gatling gun with unlimited ammo, this was not the only instance just the most obvious. Lucky for now its rare, like genetic desiese.

Edited by Iowa23

Had a sodomite teleport me a few hundred meters into the air and then drop me to my death fully geared. Was scaling rock wall between cherno/electro when I saw some guy in the distance gliding across the map in my direction at speeds that would outrun a effing corvette. Only for him to stop at the bottom of the clif and disappear only to reappear behind me within 2sec and shot me in the back. Saw another sausage smoker flying thru the air and killing ppl at the balota airfield.  

Well, one thing I have learned is that most people you think could be doing it in a game probably aren't actually cheating. The number of real hackers on most games is usually pretty small but the number of players that get accused of hacking is like 60% of a community.  :lol: I have been accused of it myself on a couple of games which is pretty awesome if you ask me.  :D

Edited by abentwookie

Only encountered pricks who abuse glitches, other than that there hasn't been much, 150+ hours.

Well, one thing I have learned is that most people you think could be doing it in a game probably aren't actually cheating. The number of real hackers on most games is usually pretty small but the number of players that get accused of hacking is like 60% of a community.  :lol: I have been accused of it myself on a couple of games which is pretty awesome if you ask me.  :D

I've been accused of cheating several times and admittedly i've cheated in games a couple of years back and i can tell you that 60% of the gaming community is not innocent.

Small numbers? You'd be surprised at how many people actually do cheat, just look at how many cheat forums/websites/stores there are around and just look at their forums for a day, they got more activity than we do on these forums.