Sign in to follow this  
combatcomm1

Salvation from dumb zombie anims (Tweet from ViktorKane)

I asked the lead animation guy at DayZ devteam (I assume he is) about changing out those sad gorilla monkey man zombie chase anims. His tweet was promising to say the least.

2 things that I have to see for my personal wallet vote on any more BIS products is top notch sound re-haul and some solid zombies in DayZ. This is hopefully proof they are addressing what rocket has said in the past is his "least favorite aspect" of DayZ. He never clarified if he meant, in their current state, or a feature he could care less about so.... We'll see. 

https://twitter.com/24VictorKane/status/429332116351225856

Edited by VictorM

I asked the lead animation guy at DayZ devteam (I assume he is) about changing out those sad gorilla monkey man zombie chase anims. His tweet was promising to say the least.

2 things that I have to see for my personal wallet vote on any more BIS products is top notch sound re-haul and some solid zombies in DayZ. This is hopefully proof they are addressing what rocket has said in the past is his "least favorite aspect" of DayZ. He never clarified if he meant, in their current state, or a feature he could care less about so.... We'll see. 

https://twitter.com/24VictorKane/status/429332116351225856

It's a vague response to say the least. Hopefully the chase animations do change, we'll just have to wait and see i guess.

It's a vague response to say the least. Hopefully the chase animations do change, we'll just have to wait and see i guess.

A vague response is better than none. 

I cant wait to see if they come through on this.

DayZ mods have freakier more "infected" style anims. 

A vague response is better than none. 

I cant wait to see if they come through on this.

DayZ mods have freakier more "infected" style anims. 

Freakier more infected?  You mean completely broken and warping all over the place?  Going from standing right next to you to all of the sudden running in a circle around you, still somehow managing to hit you as they're moving and not standing still or swinging?

Yeah if DayZ SA has any plans for completely broken and game breaking AI like the Mod currently has, they're going to see this thing go down in flames faster than the Hindenburg.

Freakier more infected?  You mean completely broken and warping all over the place?  Going from standing right next to you to all of the sudden running in a circle around you, still somehow managing to hit you as they're moving and not standing still or swinging?

Yeah if DayZ SA has any plans for completely broken and game breaking AI like the Mod currently has, they're going to see this thing go down in flames faster than the Hindenburg.

huh? Did you notice the S behind ModS. As in various other, multiple mods. Arma 3 Breaking Point. Those animations in that mod are good. I didnt mean the DayZMOD.