kitten (DayZ)

Weird question - twitch stream is flawless, but in game has desync issues?

And I know it's not my computer. I've just streamed Guild Wars 2 on an intense zerg fight with zero lag on either side. It's got to be something with my settings and interaction with SA specifically.

Here's my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2AkNm

Settings in DayZ are running on default/highest. I do NOT experience this lag while not streaming. It's similar to the BattleEye lag issue, where you can run & open inventory, but not interact with objects. My ping & bandwidth are otherwise fine, it seems to be only the desync.

Download/Upload speeds is 50/5mbps.

I use OBS & have fiddled around with settings: currently, max bitrate has been moved to 2500, buffer 2500, 30fps, no resolution downscale. I have tried moving down the stream res, as well as switching it out with lower specs for ingame Dayz.

Has anyone else had this problem? Nothing seems to be working.

• Like 1

I'm having the EXACT same problem.

Non streamed gameplay is great.  When I start streaming to twitch, I get massive desync issues regardless of settings.  I've significantly lowered my streaming quality, fiddled with port forwarding to no success.

I too have this same problem.

What are you guys using to stream?  I'm using Nvidia Shadowplay and having the exact same issues.    Nvidia GTX 660 ti.   Not had any issues with other zerg fests either, something with this game and twitch or our hardware.

Either of you get anywhere with it?

Edited by YoYo-Pete

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/78119153354/weekly-report-starting-our-focus-on-survival

Near the bottom.

Guaranteed Network Messages
We now have a new system we are testing internally for sending guaranteed updates across the network. This is very important as we believe this will reduce the problems for those who are experiencing severe desync. We are still testing this internally, and it will be sent out to experimental for more testing next week.

Yes... I'm super hype for that as it should make things a lot better.

I switched over to OBS (it's pretty amazing) and will see if it causes the same issues with the current build (for me at least).  Either way sounds like the netcode update will hopefully fix it.

Do you have a yellow ammo box? Having one of those in my bag caused me much desync.