Sign in to follow this  
pureslayerz

Ak 47/74's in game.

Would you want the AK 47/74  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want the AK's in the game ?

ak-47 and ak-74 will be in game soon. I also hope they will add ak-103 and ak-12 one day because those support all attachments and are awesome looking :)

ak-47 and ak-74 will be in game soon. I also hope they will add ak-103 and ak-12 one day because those support all attachments and are awesome looking :)

Not the AK-12.... it wasn't adopted for service and makes no sense. And why the AK-103? Theres very few improvements over the AKM that a few polymer stocks and flash hiders can't fix. An AKS-74u would be a better option.

Edited by thedogfoodyayho

The ak cant really support alot of attachments right ?

(Canadian , dont know alot about guns )

There is still a bit you can do, fore grip furniture.

GP 25

No, they use the VZ.58, which is often though to be a Kalashnikov, but is in reality a original design.

And this game does not take place in CZ.

USMC was only on Utes, if i'm remembering right.

70+ Million Kalashnikovs vs around 8-12 million Armalites, and only around 4 million of those are M4s. 

But an AK-74M is set in stone for release. I bet a 7.62x39 version is also planned.

They were on Utes and Chernarus. Utes was a vantage point the US had to seize in order to coordinate interceptions on key Chedaki communication and torture facilities in Chernarus.

If you're looking at the brand new AK-12 which the russian military is just rolling out now. It fits for the Nato standards of today for attachments and motifications that can be made.

Nope, the Russian Government aren't even allowing the AK-12 into the next round of tests for the AK-74 replacement programme as it had too many failures during the mid-2013 tests.

http://izh.kp.ru/online/news/1543298/

I haven't looked at the what to come section, but I don't need to. AK's I am 100% certain will be added in future updates, I don't even know why many of you are speculating? The AK like all other objects is content, so hopefully isn't yet a priority.

As others have said, I'm almost positive the AK-74M version is coming - from a few sites that follow the game, it seems to be the consensus.  If the 74 makes it in, we really don't need the 47 but if the Devs want to throw it in too then great.

As for the 74M being modular, I've been doing some research on that for a post of mine.  Keeping in mind that this is for the M series which means modernized - there would be at least three stocks available, the old wood one, a replica of the wood one in black plastic, and then the folding stock variety; I've seen other custom stocks as well, but maybe aftermarket; is designed to mount the AK family side rail for optics attachments, including a variety of scopes, ACOG like sights, red dot sights, etc; there is a AK family barrel rail mounting system, not sure if aftermarket but likely an OEM design, that supports Grenade Launchers, side mount Flashlight, Lasersights, Bipod, etc; lastly, the barrel was designed to accept Grenade Launchers even without previously mentioned rail mount, will take bayonets, and a special multifunction muzzle device (muzzle brake, flash suppressor) was specially designed for the AK-74 and appears to come standard.  Lastly I have seen some mounting suppressors, as the 74U series has a model specially designed that comes with an integral suppressor; considering how willy nilly we can install existing suppressors in the game, and the fact we don't need sub-sonic ammo, I see no reason not to include that.

tldr; in my research, the AK-74 could take as many (if not more) attachments as the M4A1 currently in the game has now.

Edited by - Karma -

I suppose there will be bunches of different Kalashnikov variants later on... The current gun selection surely is one more "placeholder".

The M4 should be a placeholder, considering the situation, no M4s would exists in DayZ Chernarus.

Right, let's just get rid of all of the hard work we've placed into a gun, including some specific attachments that will probably only work on that gun, until we put more hard work into a different gun.

Just have it be rare, there's no sense in getting rid of it. And how do you know? The M4 is becoming increasingly common on the world-stage, I'm not finding it hard to believe that a few would be there.

However, they do need an AKM, AK-74 and AKS-74U and they should be more common than the M4.

• Like 1