Sign in to follow this  
merlointhesky

Pyromaniac

Not sure this has been discussed before, but seeing as there are models for burnt down buildings, I was wondering whether it would be a cool feature to be able to set a building in fire and burn it down.

Doing so it would prevent items to spawn in that place, until the building magically came back to its original situation after X hours.

I think it would add to gameplay, where you can see someone in a military bulding and start a fire in it to "trap" the person in. Or tie people in a bulding, put a sack on their head and let them burn to death. Or simply prevent other people from looting the same place for a while.

As to how to start a fire, I believe there are a variety of items already in game or that I believe are going to be added, that can be used for the purpose: matches and logs, gas canisters, molotovs, crashing a car into it etc..

after 10 minutes all citis are complete burned down by trolling players...

depends. How much of the resources mentioned would neeed to be gathered to do so? And those players would find themself exposed and eventually killed after a couple of house burnt?

I think it would be down to how popular the server is, and if there are people who care about those buldings (even a bandit would defend they HQ from arson)

Plus it would add an extra use to fire extinguishers, which can be used to stop a fire from spreading.

Edited by merlointhesky

Fire is a severe performance killer graphic wise, if you want it to look half-way descent anyway. A cool idea but I doubt it will ever be added as you describe for whole buildings. Anyway, it's not really as easy to burn a house down to the ground as most people think. Especially a military building, which I am sure are built to be a lot more resilient to such things.

Ramshackle sheds built by players, however, those would certainly burn.

Perhaps if you could start small fires, blocking someone in a corridor or something like that. In reality you would just jump through the flames and probably be fine, though if someone is waiting on the other side with an axe, or worse, that would be a different story.  ^^

Edited by Survivor_Sabre

I doubt this is something that could be built into the engine. Although with all those trees it would be awesome to see a huge wildfire set