Sign in to follow this  
nudelwalker

Critical wounded/near death: flinching on the ground in heavy pain

Anybody remember Cannon Fodder 2 back on Commodore64 or Amiga?

There was a random chance that when you shot an enemy, he wouldn't die but lie on the floor bleeding and screaming. You could either shoot him and give him salvation or just ignore him, let him slowly die in his red blurbing puddle of blood.

I think that that feature back then was absolutely great, and I never have seen anything quite like it in games since then.

How about we have something similar?

When you get critically wounded, near death, there is a % chance that you are down on the ground,like unconscious but still awake, screaming in pain, bleeding. You body is shaking heavily.

This could add so much to the morality aspect of the game.

Imagine you shoot somebody in the stomach, he goes down, but isn't dead, but he writhes in agony, bleeding, fully in pain.

How would you feel in that moment?

What would you do?

I think this could greatly enhance the morality & humanity aspect of this game.

It tingles some nerves in you, if you see somebody lying like this on the ground. You maybe will try to help him, or help him out of his misery...

• Like 1

I remember some arma 2 mod that had a changed health system, where people could get into this state (often as a result of being on fire). I remember that the first time I tested it I was surprised and quite shocked actually, it's amazing how sound can change the feeling of a game, and I was so used to the vanilla ´´Wounded!´´

´´3, Heal that. Grenadier.´´

Honestly if this was implemented then all i'd do when seeing this would be to force feed them a chunk of lead at a high velocity.

I don't carry the supplies necessary to patch people up when they are in that state, i'd rather just call the medics (Thanks to TMW medics BTW).

I'm a lonewolf in this game and even if i carried the supplies then who will give them to me if i go unconscious? I have no friends with the game so don't suggest that i get my friends to do it.

this would bring really tense situations....

firegfights and somewhere in between somebody is down and twitching...

People are getting kicks out of feeding people rotten fruit and disinfectant. I'm not sure they're actually going to bat an eye at someone writhing on the floor screaming in agony. As long as they can still rummage through your backpack, you're still going to be on the ground screaming.

Personally, I'd put them out of their misery unless they deserved to suffer