Sign in to follow this  
Jaegarmeister

Aggro From 1Km Out

Anyone else overlooking the town from about 500m out, look around to see what building I want to hit first, and I see two zombies running up the hill at them? It's frustrating.. Just want to see if it's happening to anyone else..

Gonna make this short: Happens to me. Happens to anybody. It's a bug. Will be fixed. 

And yes, the Z's will get a whole new AI.

Kind of like the Total War series, the higher the difficulty the more cheats the AI gets, it doesn't get any smarter.

Its just a lazy way to do things.

Edited by HunterJay
  • Like 1

Kind of like the Total War series, the higher the difficulty the more cheats the AI gets, it doesn't get any smarter.

Its just a lazy way to do things.

That type of "difficulty" has always frustrated me.  Of course it's hard to make great AI, so I never have much expectations going into a game.

Yeah at the moment the zed are a bit like homing missiles, you can run through a maze and they will still find you, best thing to do is just out distance them as you are faster, or go upstairs in a building, that seems to fool them.  And yeah, for zombies they are rather too alert in terms of seeing you, but I guess thats deliberate at the moment as there are so few zombies, if they were as dopey as they ought to be then they would be zero threat, as it is they're not exactly a problem to deal with.