Sign in to follow this  
Xaphael

Invisible items on the ground

Before I start, I am updated to the latest version of the beta patch and Day Z. I've got CO on steam as well.

Ever since the clothing was introduced, I've had this problem. I can see the gear icon when I hover over the clothing or a hatchet (a friend told me there was a ghillie suit on the ground) but I could not loot it or see the mesh of the item on the ground.

I tried to fix it by reinstalling Day Z and the beta patch, neither of them worked. Then I tried to verify the integrity of the game cache through steam, and now NO weapons are showing up on the ground. I can loot them, unlike the hatchet or clothing, but they are invisible. I can see them in my bag and in my hand, just not on the ground. I completely uninstalled Arma 2 and OA and reinstalled them, and the problem is still happening. Any ideas on how to fix this please?

Also, I was never able to right click on a hunting knife to use it or add a flashlight to my toolbelt. Maybe that will help figure out what the problem is.

Edit: I reinstalled everything again, and it seems to have fixed it. May have been some files left over when I uninstalled it the first time. Looted a hatchet off of a victim and was able to wield it, I haven't run into any clothing yet however so no word on that. Problem is probably solved.