Sign in to follow this  
Nastradamus87

A Tale Of Deception (Read If You Grouped With Three Other Randoms Recently)

This is a story of my hightest highs and lowest lows with the standalone. It highlights the startling contrast between the benevolent heros and morally corrupted survivors of this world.

While skulking around Elekro's school I ran into an unarmed survivor. A few minutes later another one in the same condition appeared. Then a fully kitted hero showed up and made one of the other two a backpack and gave me a saline transfusion. Despite establishing friendly relations, we all decided to go separate ways.

By chance, we all ended up at the one of the nearby firehalls sometime later. The hero had found a gun for one of the unarmed guys and supplied him with ammo. (He did the same for the other unarmed survivor later on.) The two previously unarmed guys and I then agreed to join forces and travel to Cherno together, but the hero opted to continue treking alone.

The first stop on our jouney was the appartments north of Cherno (Dubky). While looting one of the office buildings the hero made this third appearance. Quite the conicidence. After sharing more gear with my group of three he accepted our invitation to join us.

We cooperated well together, with two us dispensing of the numerous zombies in that area with axes while the other two kept a gun drawn in case of bandits. Evantually we came to the two supermarkets in the appartment area. By this time we may have been travelling as a group for almost an hour. We decided to pair up to search the two supermarkets simultaneously. I dashed into the building with my partner, but I heared arggrovated zombies outside so I changed to my axe while heading outside and took down three zombies. I took a hit in the process so a stopped to bandage up just outside the door to the supermarket. While the animation was running, I saw my partner (in his bright yellow raincoat) come out the door from my peripheral vision. I stood facing me for a second or two. Then a single shot from a revolver rang out - the gun I know he was carrying - and I was dead.

WTF, I thought in shock.

From beyond the grave I could hear the other two saying that they heard a gunshot and running over to investigate. When they arrived on scene my partner tells them that there is someone else in the area and that they shot me! This freaks them out so they evacuate, leaving my betrayed corpse behind to rot.

There clearly was no one else in the area and I heard the hero correctly identify the murder weapon as a revolver, the very gun my treacherous partner carried, so my only hope is that the other two guys figure out that this asshole is a lying murderer before their fate is the same as mine.

That was my first time traveling in a group larger than two. It was so fun. I wish he didn't kill me for nothing more than a sick, twisted thrill. Will I ever trust again? I'm not so sure.

Edited by Nastradamus87
  • Like 2

Been in that situation and while it sucks, I thrive on that type of shit. I love revenge and you shall have yours one day.

DayZ Rule #7: Never trust a dude in a Yellow Raincoat...EVER!!!

• Like 1

Was better when everyone used steam names then you could add them then hunt them down !

Interesting.

I've had that sort of situation before, and it just helps if they think you're a total badass. For example, in my Guardian of Elektro post, it did help that I dispatched zombies rather quickly, and when I've had to, killed a player without a moments thought. If they think you're a badass, they're a lot less likely to kill you.

But shooting you when you're bandaging, that's just dawg, man.