Sign in to follow this  
Anarki (DayZ)

Tents! We Need Tents!

Another thread about TENTS!

Yes, yet another!

Because if we had TENTS, the game would be so much more fun!
Because TENTS would make it more interesting since you can put stuff in TENTS. So you know, TENTS make you go out and farm stuff, then maybe find a TENT, and set up a hidden base somewhere, then maybe you can find another TENT so you can put that TENT inside your old TENT! And then you can maybe find another TENT! And then I can go looking for TENTS. And maybe find your TENT. Then rob your TENT and build my own base with TENTS!

Do developers understand that by creating something as simple as TENTS they can make the game a lot more enjoyable.

So vote for TENTS! We need them goddamn TENTS!

Sort out server hoping before any sort of storage is implemented.

Dont be obsesed with storage. Remenber war z had an global inventory to do it and it was onee of main causes that cheats everywhere. Storage in tents or cars would be nice but nothing else.

I will be excited when I can set up camp with a tent, etc... I like having my own base camp kinda place, but I can agree with the fact that there are probably more issues that need to be worked out ahead of that. Right now, it's just too easy to farm and server hop. I think once they add more zombies, it could potentially change that dynamic. Finding a reasonable solution to server hopping would also help. 

All in all, I agree.. having our tents would be rad.

Yep. Ignore the performance optimization. The server hopping. The combatlogging. The hacking. The zombie-movements. The wall-glitches. The mosin bug. 

*irony off*

Only solution for server hopping is limited characters to specific servers just like every other MMO.

Tents should be removed when the owner is killed.   That is what i would like to see.  Death should mean starting again, not just running back to your stash.

Server hopping is not the problem.
Loot not respawning is the problem.

I admit that I server hop, but really, I have played mod for 10 or so months and didn't server hop ONCE. Now whenever I see a bunch of opened drops I just /sigh and log another one.

Yep. Ignore the performance optimization. The server hopping. The combatlogging. The hacking. The zombie-movements. The wall-glitches. The mosin bug. 

*irony off*

Fixing all those things would not make the game as enjoyable as something as small as implementing TENTS.

Granted tents might make more people server hop but let them hop I will just find their tents raid them and live a happy life with all of their gear :) Also on a plus side it might make people leave the coast more trying to find others tents.

let me clarify.... tents should not be added until MUCH later in devolpment..... think about it , some servers won't even connect to the hives.... we already have a ton of ppl pissed for char wipes/losing gear to glitches Imagine the bitch fest when tents do not save correctly, or just vanish....