Sign in to follow this  
zaphodity (DayZ)

Shootout At The Cherno Corral

Was in Cherno today getting food supplies and then heading back into the bush, when suddenly I spotted some dude I thought

had taken a shot at me earlier. I aimed and fired a few times, the 3rd shot got him in the back as he was panic running through a building. Dunno if I killed him, but it gave him something to think about. As I was jogging out of the Cherno limits I hear a god almighty BOOOM !....I thought to myself, that sounds like a Mosin ! Very distinctive sound when fired at you.

Anyways, he was following me around, when I saw him run past a corner, I followed and slowly rounded the corner to finish him off. Unfortunately, I wasn't counting on the fact he might have a buddy. Last thing I heard was the rapid firing of an M4.

Them's the breaks.

Edited by zaphodity

The good 'ole bait and switch.  Whenever I see a guy in a city, I've come to expect at least one or two more guys that might be with said guy.  It's hard to know when you're facing off against just one guy or if your enemy is actually a group.

It's safer to expect the worst and prepare for it than be caught with your pants down.

Protip: any fresh spawn who is alone will fight to the death bravely when presented with a hostile encounter.

If they run away, they are not alone.