Admiral_69

The Real Reason Loot Doesn't Spawn In Tents Anymore / Some Houses

Here is the link to the post (hopefully it works, posting from my Blackberry. If it doesn't work, it is a pinned post in the announcements section)

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156129-confirmed-upcoming-features-for-dayz/#entry1564197

The first item: More Zombies - they need to make optimizations to increase "dynamic entitiy counts" which are Loot, Players, and Zombies.

Since they added new loot locations (Svetlana and white barns), and possibly more zombies, they had to take it away from somewhere else.

I just wish that this information was communicated to us.

Ah well thank you for linking the way people where talking I was under the impression this was a recent post and I didn't realize you where referring to this one.  I thought it was the new road map for dev after the alpha success and as such have been filtering thru every post made by rocket looking for new information, there is a f'd up thread where people are photo shopping Rocket onto/into all kinds of people, things and places.

Again thank you for the clarification.

Invisiman2013:

That process makes sense if you have a temporary item limit. Check to make sure each location is setup properly.

BUT this type of testing only works if the community knows what has been turned on and off, so we can visit the sites to make sure the loot actually spawns properly (e.g. Not spawning in floor, can pickup loot for all items spawned, etc).

Then we know to submit and error report. BI can then sort through the error reports, correct loot drop at that location and then go to the next one.

Of course, that is assuming the loot system stays as it is now, with fixed locations.