Sign in to follow this  
Jackgundy

Mosin Spawns

I much prefer the Mosin over the M4A1 for a multitude of reasons. That being said, I'm not quite sure where to go about looking for Mosins. Where do you all go to look if you want a mosin? The only place i've ever found them is in cars, but it is a fairly rare spawn I believe. 

I just found one in a Barracks as I was wandering in Zelenogorsk.  It was under the bunk beds.  Struggling for a scope for one tho.

Find a secluded office building (three story building with a fourth story accessible from the roof).

It spawns on the top roof or the shelves on the third floor.

Hop until you find it (pick a secluded one).

If you don't want to hop, I have found them:

1 - Shipwreck

2 - maybe military buildings.

But the office building has the highest probability IMO.

OR use the dayzdb map and search for spawn locations. Filter out bugged locations, and start searching.

But again, the office building / school is still the best bet.

Search on civilian buildings (hospitals, offices, schools, etc.). You will never or rarely find one on military bases.

Edited by AntonioAJC

Mosins can be found pretty much anywhere so you need to pick a town clean to guarantee you have not missed one.

That being said there are some place where you have a much higher chance of getting one, here is a little list.

Schools

Hospitals

Firestatations

My advise would be to find a city that has not been looted on an empty server and then search the entire city and there's a 90 percent chance you will have a mosin by the end of it.

Good luck

Also, keep in mind that server hoppers spend a lot of time looking for Mosins in accessible office buildings... So you are unlikely to find them there.

Find a secluded office building (three story building with a fourth story accessible from the roof).

It spawns on the top roof or the shelves on the third floor.

Hop until you find it (pick a secluded one).

If you don't want to hop, I have found them:

1 - Shipwreck

2 - maybe military buildings.

But the office building has the highest probability IMO.

OR use the dayzdb map and search for spawn locations. Filter out bugged locations, and start searching.

But again, the office building / school is still the best bet.

Now this is why alot of people can't find stuff.. Server Hopping is an exploit that shouldn't be used.. This is why I camp NEAF and kill every Server Hopper that spawns in..

• Like 1