Sign in to follow this  
rmc_blackcat

Trading posts and trading in general?

Since Dayz has a strong scavenger aspect: search for stuff and take it to other places and maybe pass onto buddies.

How would we encourage people we meet to trade the loot that they have found? Unknowns are always a risk in dayz, people would rather kill you than trade or help each other out at times, so any suggestions to help stop this?

I think having certain areas of the map where people can trade items safely would be a great benefit to player interaction. These would be player run and have no special benefits/perks, such as weapons not working in these areas. Bandits would be free to raid these trade posts if they wished. Maybe a special trade stand like a tent would help? :)

Since Dayz has a strong scavenger aspect: search for stuff and take it to other places and maybe pass onto buddies.

How would we encourage people we meet to trade the loot that they have found? Unknowns are always a risk in dayz' date=' people would rather kill you than trade or help each other out at times, so any suggestions to help stop this?

I think having certain areas of the map where people can trade items safely would be a great benefit to player interaction. These would be player run and have no special benefits/perks, such as weapons not working in these areas. Bandits would be free to raid these trade posts if they wished. Maybe a special trade stand like a tent would help? :)

[/quote']

Doesn't seem too complicated then.

Set up with some of your friends in a server, or get a squad going that is dedicated to this. Post in the forum that on X Server at X location (a castle, maybe?) you will protect players looking to trade.

People will be hesitant at first until your squad gets credibility, but once that happens more people will come to trade. You'll face challenges from bandit type squads, though who would know there's a big score at X location.

Still, I like the idea, GL!

No. Heres why I dont think its a good idea:

1. The most unique thing about DayZ is that your not bound to anything that even gives you a hint of how your supposed to play, people are plopped into chernarus and they try and surive, if Rocket wants to change how people plays he tweaks game mechanics he doesnt add stuff in. We want people to make their own trading outposts without having to actually set one up.

2. If its allowed to banditized at all then it will be constantly, it would become a bandit hotspot

But the main reason is that we want people to make their own stories nad trading outposts, not do it for them.

btw, im not trying to attack you for posting your opinion, im just stating why im against this idea.

No. Heres why I dont think its a good idea:

1. The most unique thing about DayZ is that your not bound to anything that even gives you a hint of how your supposed to play' date=' people are plopped into chernarus and they try and surive, if Rocket wants to change how people plays he tweaks game mechanics he doesnt add stuff in. We want people to make their own trading outposts without having to actually set one up.

2. If its allowed to banditized at all then it will be constantly, it would become a bandit hotspot

But the main reason is that we want people to make their own stories nad trading outposts, not do it for them.

btw, im not trying to attack you for posting your opinion, im just stating why im against this idea.

[/quote']

isn't this exactly what OP said?

"These would be player run and have no special benefits/perks"

This takes way too much risk out of the game imo. A big part of the enjoyment I take in this game is there is always potential danger.

If you want to trade with someone, there should be a risk that he will take your life. You could always show up to trade with nothing but the item you want to trade and have your friends watch over the area for you for a certain amount of safety.

I feel players should play to create safety if they wish to have it, instead of the game being coded to provide safe zones.

Server hopping currently causes problems with players setting up any type of trading post, as well as causing a host of over problems. Should server hopping somehow be prevented, so that people can't log in to trading posts with grenade in hand, I think trading posts could be setup by the community in the game's current state without having a safe zone. There would of course be a big risk since bandits would view a trading post as a gold mine, yet I feel that these risks are what makes DayZ fun.

Edit: My bad, I didn't read OP properly and thought you were suggesting a server safe zone.

In the game's current state I have no suggestions on how players could setup a trading post and keep it safe since one or two bandits could just server hop into the trading post, drop nades/kill everyone (including themselves), then have theyr'e friends server hop in to loot all the corpses.