Sign in to follow this  
Preddy (DayZ)

Gear and item storage?

Just wondering if there is anyway to store items/gear at all? I read about stashes that can be made using shovels and sandbags. I'm guessing the idea of these is you can put gear in the stash and it will say there on that server for good?

Is there any other way to stash gear like food/clothing so u can find it if u die?

At the moment there is nothing where you can store your items in,

Rocket might get the camping tents back so you can hide your tent somewhere in the woods and store your stuff in it, but with a chance that another player might raid it.

I really can't wait for this, but oh well

So here's a question about the tents.  Once you've built one, will it only be "live" when you're online and at a specific server?  Or would it exist across the entire hive 24/7?

So here's a question about the tents.  Once you've built one, will it only be "live" when you're online and at a specific server?  Or would it exist across the entire hive 24/7?

I believe it will exist per server, and not entire hive. Imagine that out of the million+ players, 200,000 put up a tent. If that was to be across the entire hive, the maps would get clogged up :P

since they haven't been implemented yet we could only speculate on how they will be. I'd assume they would be 24/7 on the particular server with persistence via the hive. But that is only a guess.

These ruined the mod.. I really hope if they come back they get destroyed if you die.  Death should mean starting again, not just running back to your 'stash'.

• Like 1

That would then make me wonder if they'll go with server locked characters.  Picture setting up a camp on a low pop server in the same geographical location as your enemies' on another server, so you can stargate back and forth with fresh supplies. 

That would then make me wonder if they'll go with server locked characters.  Picture setting up a camp on a low pop server in the same geographical location as your enemies' on another server, so you can stargate back and forth with fresh supplies. 

this is only a temporary thing...remember server hopping and ghosting is a simple fix and wont be around much longer.

tents are great and I welcome them back. remember that feeling of randomly coming across a tent or camp...oh man that was tits in the mod.

Then you look inside them all and find a can of beans and a soda...ugghhh