Pipinhot

[Splint] Second option to fix your broken leg.

Do you guys also wait until you are bleeding to get bandages? Or wait until zombies are chasing you before you find a weapon? Point being' date=' your lack of preparation is no basis for making broken limbs easier to fix.

[/quote']

Bandages have a fairly regular spawn rate in a variety of places, from residential to the obvious medical. Weapons also have a fairly regular spawn rate (seeing as there are 45 different weapons, capable of spawning in nearly any building in the game). Point being, morphine has either a spawn rate of 21.74% in all medical loot piles (which are only located in medical tents and hospitals) or a 0.99% in a military loot pile.

In short, your comparison here is pretty silly.

What you said is exactly my point tho. It's rare, you need it. You spawn on the coast, and how many cities on the coast have hospitals? It's not hard to find, you just have to go to a hospital.

There's the odd time you'll go to a hospital and find no morphine. This could be dumb luck, but I bet most of the time it's someone stocking up and maybe even camping the hospital.

I think more things in the game need to become rare in general loot. Food at stores and houses, axes at farms, meds at hospitals, military at military.

Bandages was a bad example in my previous post. They have to be common, it's a piece of cloth, and we can't rip our clothing.

-

- Splint (Combination of Wood Pile + Bandage)

- Allows' date=' crouch walking at slightly higher than normal speed. NOT running. Heals over time.

-

- Broken Leg should also occur less often. (It feels like a 1 in 5 chance to end up with a broken leg atm.)

-

[/quote']

+1

Though I imagine that broken leg occurs a lot might be down to a bug than the actual intended spawn rate? My logic? How many folks here have broken legs whilst trying to crawl through doorways?? :S

I especially like the fact that you've suggested this as the 2nd option to broken bones, kinda like making splints to morphine, what canned food is to bloodbags

Woops Ended up with a warning :)

Just trying to keep this alive for someone "high" in command AKA "Rocket" >.>

I changed the original post to a quick read. So people can vote, comment and continue....Surfing?

Why isn't this in the game yet? This is a brilliant idea, and it would have saved me crawling 500m to my ATV last night ;)

It would really have to be a walking speed though. Faster than crawling, but you cannot run with it, only crouch walk, or something similar.

Please implement this feature. It's a great idea, and combines multiple items to further increase the depth of their use!

I've been thinking about this idea for a while, it would really help out, even if it is a temporary or timed fix. Probably for those times you are stuck so far inland with very few med supplies and you don't have a hope in hell of crawling to the nearest guaranteed medical spawn points. This lack of options was perhaps driven home by one of my most recent misadventures.

I was in a group of three friends and we were looking for food for me as a quick fix, as I was on 6000 blood and we had no blood bags. We chanced upon a factory-type building area and decided to give it a try. After trying to lure the zombies away one by one to be put down quietly failed, the ensuing chaos caused me to drop below 3000 blood and go unconscious to boot. The rest of the horde arrived soon after, attracted by the gunfire from my group killing of the remaining infected. After the smoke cleared and all hostiles were dead, one of the party was now down with a broken leg, and I was slipping in and out of consciousness. The one mobile party member remaining bandaged me and dragged me to the cover of a small wooded area on top of a hill opposite the place we had tried to clear out, where the guy with the broken leg had managed to crawl. The broken leg player gave me his last tin of sardines when the timer ran out, which got me barely above 3000 blood - enough to stay conscious at least. Meanwhile the other member of our party checked the place we had cleared but found nothing we could put to good use in our situation.

This guy then had to made the trek alone to the ''nearest'' hospital to get the supplies we needed to move on again. So I sat with my broken leg buddy on barely 3000 blood, armed only with my axe for over an hour, to make sure no more zombies or hostile players turned up while we waited for our friend to return with the meds. All this time we had been sat in the woods, I had an axe and I also had bandages, and I was just thinking I would have easily been able to make a splint to 'support' my friends leg. But with no options to do anything like this all I could do was keep an eye on the roads and make sure no one stumbled upon us. Thankfully the guy who went off to get us meds made it through town without having to fire a single shot. He looted the hospital and got back to us with no trouble, and we all managed to fix up and moved on. Hats off to him for the rescue!

But our situation aside, that brings me back to the point. I had all the necessarily equipment to make the splint we are talking about here, and I feel it would have made that timely and tense occasion for us a little easier, as even though I was low on blood I could have still played spotter for my friends while they went into town, on a splint there was no way the guy with the broken leg was going to agro any zombies anyway, and the both of them raiding the hospital would have brought back far more supplies, and someone would have been able to watch the other guys back while he looted.

Whether splints could have a timer on them, and they'd need to be re-applied every 30 minutes and need morphine eventually to set them and make the permanent fix - I don't know. But at least it would be an easier way to temporarily support a broken bone would mean you'd have a fighting chance to help yourself rather than endanger the rest of your team. I mean, if that situation had been real, I don't know who would have hesitated to throw together some kind of splint. So yeah, I fully support this idea and hope it gets some serious consideration! :)

I've been thinking about this idea for a while' date=' it would really help out, even if it is a temporary or timed fix. Probably for those times you are stuck so far inland with very few med supplies and you don't have a hope in hell of crawling to the nearest guaranteed medical spawn points. This lack of options was perhaps driven home by one of my most recent misadventures.

[/size']

I read the whole post :) i agree, similar situation happened to me on the road to Berezino, a solo zombie spawns next to me, while im attempting to catch up to my mate, the zombie trained in the art of leg breaking takes a swing and puts me on my arse. I hobble into the forest and i'm like, "i got a lot of bandages and i'm in a forest....what do?" i should make a splint, later that night i posted the idea here.

Wow, I played twice today, did great both times and had the most gear I've ever had. Got into a fight with a zombie crouched, he broke my leg...done. Started again, had gear again (and when I say I did well, I had like a canteen and some food, maybe an axe, thats my "did well")...got into another fight with a zombie, he broke my leg standing.

Are you kidding me? And the only way I can 'heal' my leg is through morphine?? So either I am searching for food and water, which is hard enough, but I also have to go in and find "magical" morphine to heal my bones? Is that realistic? I would rather splint my leg like suggested and literally wait 6hrs+ for it to heal/ with penalties to speed for a while!!

Please fix this or make it so you don't break your leg from 1) falling off 2 steps 2' up. 2) a zombie that is SO strong his claw paws do enough damage to break my leg.

Me and a buddy literally had to start and restart about 4 times the other day because in the course of meeting up, we broke our incredibly weak legs...we both just gave up. I realize this is just an alpha...but give me a break. We aren't all L33t with out m4's and huge backpacks rolling into town with a group of 5 to get morphine.

-

- Splint (Combination of Wood Pile + Bandage)

- Allows' date=' crouch walking at slightly higher than normal speed. NOT running. Heals over time.

-

- Broken Leg should occur less. (Currently Bugged)

-

- NO STARS!! Comment, support, Do Stuff.

[/quote']

i think that if we want bring this thing to hc realism, morphine should make you able to walk and run just for short period of time, and should last for a period between 2 and 4 hours. then/or you should be able to make splint, and bandage+wood is a very good idea! and be able to walk on it, and also run but just for a short period, and in the end of that you fall again prone.

...and also run but just for a short period, and in the end of that you fall again prone.

That would just be silly. So I do all of this, spent that much time and materials, just to have my leg be still broken?

There is real, and then there is a game that is NO fun because it is so real. BUT, its not 'realistic' that morphine heals your leg anyways so it's already not real! It's also not real that zombies glitch through doors and walls...and that they are so coordinated to climb not only stairs but ladders too...

All of that I can accept, but breaking my leg due to melee fights with zombies, and there is a GOOD chance of it, that's just not fun. Breaking my leg because I fall off of 2' steps...sure, I can deal with that too.

Honestly the splint would be a much better fix than morphine

...and also run but just for a short period' date=' and in the end of that you fall again prone.

[/quote']

That would just be silly. So I do all of this, spent that much time and materials, just to have my leg be still broken?

There is real, and then there is a game that is NO fun because it is so real. BUT, its not 'realistic' that morphine heals your leg anyways so it's already not real! It's also not real that zombies glitch through doors and walls...and that they are so coordinated to climb not only stairs but ladders too...

All of that I can accept, but breaking my leg due to melee fights with zombies, and there is a GOOD chance of it, that's just not fun. Breaking my leg because I fall off of 2' steps...sure, I can deal with that too.

Good points i think your totally right this thread needs more attention

My ideal system:

--Morphine Auto-Injector: Allows you to ignore broken bones for 10 minutes.

--Bandage: Second right-click option "Splint Broken Leg".

----Does not require fire wood (surely you could rely on your character being able to fashion a splint with random scrap/sticks lying on the ground)

----While leg is splinted you can crouch-walk, but not crouch-run or stand.

Splint + Drug interactions:

--Taking Morphine while Splinted, or Splinting while under the effects of Morphine will heal your broken leg.

--Taking Pain-Killers while Splinted will allow you to crouch-run for 10 minutes. You still need to find Morphine to be able to stand and run.

Overall this means:

-Morphine can protect you from multiple broken bones in a 10 minute period, so you don't need to down multiple Morphine in a row if you break your leg twice in 2 minutes.

-Fully healing a leg is more costly and time consuming, as you need to both take Morphine and use up a Bandage to Splint it (splinting does the bandaging animation)

-If you have no Morphine you are no longer screwed, as with 1 Bandage and 1 Pain-Killer you are able to crouch-run for 10 minutes, allowing you to find and raid a hospital without wasting your life staring at your character crawling through the grass.

Just posted it in another thread but found this one I thought I'd throw my 2cents in here as well.

I like the idea of using morphine for the first break, but if you get multiple breaks over a certain amount of time, you would then need to get some wood, a knife, a bandage, some painkillers and a friend, and have them do some minor reset surgery and splint the leg, as morphine will no longer work after a certain amount of breaks in a certain time. Once splinted, you run at 1/2 speed, you walk a bit slower and more loudly, you cannot crouch walk/run (again, realism, try splinting your leg and maintaining balance while crouch-walking), but your crawling ability is unhindered.

Honestly I'm at the point of saying just remove broken legs as a feature and give zombie the power to knock you over (not out but to the ground so you have to stand back up) with say a tackle. I've been killed some where around 10 times now by having random crazy glitches happen.

Sank through the floor in a castle and started swiming in the brick work then fell and broke my legs.

Was standing still on the edge of rock scanning the horizon when my legs broke while I was stationary.

Walking through an empty barn I fell over with broken legs literally for no reason, didn't trip on anything and no zs + no one shot at me.

I know it's an alpha but the broken leg stuff is such a pain when it's so arbitrary and buggy. It's a great idea but IMO right now it's just a bit too buggy.