negativefx83

Game Crashes Everytime

Hey all,

System specs:

i5 3.4ghz

24gb ram

radeon 7670 1gb 

2tb 7200sata hdd

The game crashes within the first few minutes each time. Sometimes it just goes black, sometimes the monitor displays "monitor going to sleep"  and one time the screen went an off yellow/brown color. Anyone have any issues like this? I would really like to explore around but so far I can't even get into the game really.

Thanks.

Hey all,

System specs:

i5 3.4ghz

24gb ram

radeon 7670 1gb 

2tb 7200sata hdd

The game crashes within the first few minutes each time. Sometimes it just goes black, sometimes the monitor displays "monitor going to sleep"  and one time the screen went an off yellow/brown color. Anyone have any issues like this? I would really like to explore around but so far I can't even get into the game really.

Thanks.

I have two pieces of information for you, their value to be determined by you.

1. I experience a long, long black screen most the time I start the game up that oftentimes threatens to put my monitor to sleep. I usually alt+tab away, listen to a track on pandora, and come back and it loads up fine.

2. You have committed the computing blasphemy of mixing AMD and Intel. The gods of the computers may not be happy, thusly not allowing to you play.

But this is your fault. Blasphemer. I have no pity for you.

I have two pieces of information for you, their value to be determined by you.

1. I experience a long, long black screen most the time I start the game up that oftentimes threatens to put my monitor to sleep. I usually alt+tab away, listen to a track on pandora, and come back and it loads up fine.

2. You have committed the computing blasphemy of mixing AMD and Intel. The gods of the computers may not be happy, thusly not allowing to you play.

But this is your fault. Blasphemer. I have no pity for you.

Thanks for your words of wisdom.... anyone else care to chime in?

Edited by negativefx83

I have had the exact same thing, seems my ATI card is at fault. Now and again it will feck about but it is more stable now than it was a few weeks back. I followed some advice on here and it was better, though now and again I get the old barbed wire effect, which incidentally points me to a town every time when stuck in the middle of nowhere.

http://www.crashwiki.com/dayz-standalone-crashes-errors-freezing-lagging-poor-fps-black-screen-no-sound/

I have had the exact same thing, seems my ATI card is at fault. Now and again it will feck about but it is more stable now than it was a few weeks back. I followed some advice on here and it was better, though now and again I get the old barbed wire effect, which incidentally points me to a town every time when stuck in the middle of nowhere.

http://www.crashwiki.com/dayz-standalone-crashes-errors-freezing-lagging-poor-fps-black-screen-no-sound/

Note: there are 4 pages not just 1.

I have had the exact same thing, seems my ATI card is at fault.

seems my ATI card is at fault.

seems my ATI card is at fault.

THE CRUSADE WAGES ON!

No, really though, I'm intel and all my local friends are AMD for some reason... every time they talk to me about computers, and theirs not working right... well you know what I say.

(complete) AMD systems are superior for one thing however I assure you: cryptocoin mining.

My gaming PC is also my workstation and I do a lot of video rendering, so I stay with intel systems and specifically nVidia cards to get the best of that. Work over play.

Well I ended up ordering an Nvidia card today, because this is happening also with BF4. I needed an upgrade anyway :)

THE CRUSADE WAGES ON!

No, really though, I'm intel and all my local friends are AMD for some reason... every time they talk to me about computers, and theirs not working right... well you know what I say.

(complete) AMD systems are superior for one thing however I assure you: cryptocoin mining.

My gaming PC is also my workstation and I do a lot of video rendering, so I stay with intel systems and specifically nVidia cards to get the best of that. Work over play.

Well I've used AMD for years and haven't had issues, however, I always had AMD/ATI and never mixed the two....

I got:

AMD FX 8350 Eight-Core Processor

Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

For some reason, the game hangs and everything stop working, except the sounds. I can't even Alt+Tab or CTR+Alt+Delete.

Anyone has any idea? This is getting annoying.