Sign in to follow this  
xJakeyy

Theory on the Community - 'CoD Kiddies & Meme-spouting Ragers'

I started playing this game around two weeks ago now, I really enjoyed it. I met a few dozen people who were nice, and we went around helping each other with bloodbags etc.. Now, all it has turned into is a 'xxxH4RDC0R3 MLG SCRUBFEST 420xxx' of people just hunting for hunting's sake. I've tried and I've tried so many times to ask people if they need help, or if they could help me and I've just been shot for my troubles. I'm guessing that all of this PvP has stemmed from 12 year-olds getting wind of this game from SeaNanners' youtube channel, or CaptainSparklez's as they are Minecraft players, and this is what all of the '12 year-old Call of Duty kiddies' are moving onto as CoD is slowly dying with its annual rehashes of the same game. So with these 12 year-olds coming onto this game, they are just shooting all of the zombies, running around, killing people because they think this is what the game is about. The game is not about killing, it is about survival. So with all of these players running around with a shoot and kill mentality, it is causing the older, yet nicer players to react in the same way, because they feel like they are just going to get shot for being nice. This is my theory on why I think the game has turned into a PvP fest, as it is not just a coincidence that SeaNanners' video was around this time where he 'advertised' the game should I say..

I'm not really mad, I'm sort of disappointed. I believe hopefully this game will be fixed towards survival orientation in the future as I'm sure Rocket knows what he is doing. I'm a big fan of this game, and I'm playing it daily as I can't get enough, it just seems to be a great shame that I have to be more careful who I trust as they might just be after my beans! All-in-all though, keep up the good work Rocket, this is potentially the best game I've ever played, even if it is in alpha.

This is true, and happens with almost all games that become popular.

Your best bet is to look at peoples names (if possible) and see if its something stupid like XXXxXSn1pr1337XxXX then you probably have a 12 year old maggot, with the maturity level of NOTHING.

I think it's disappointing that so many people are running around PvP deathmatching without really giving a damn about the survival asoect of the game, but at the same time this was inevitable given the mainstream attention DayZ has been getting. All Rocket can really do to counter this is make survival a tougher, more engaging experience (which appears to be his goal with recent changes, like the removal of the starter gun).

Don't get me wrong though, there's some great people on this forum and in the game. But for each one of these, there are 3 other players who just want to kill for the sake, and argue.

The twats shooting on sight is disapointing yes, but it's part of the game I suppose.

It just made me avoid people in general.

I still die sometimes due to my "stubborness" of not shooting people on sight - what does bother me it's that people will shoot even if it means their death.

Yesterday I was crawling around Berezino in pitch black darkness with my flashlight - there was zombies everywhere, easily 15 / 20 zombies in close proximity - and some guy just shoots his Enfield at my head from 10 feet away, I saw him before and didnt switch to my weapon as to not look threatning - 10 seconds later I saw the server message that the guy died.

All I could think was "Good job moron, good job"

I partially blame our advertisers like RoosterTeeth and PC Gamer who apparently attracted a large number of aggressive, immature, impatient, self-centered bastards.