SCHOLAR

It takes guts not to shoot on sight

Ya, I've done it but I've found that negotiation is a fun and great part of the game, when you're requesting to trade or just request something and you both walk away alive it adds a dimension to this game that is sublime, if you shoot on sight as a habit, you're missing out on a satisfying and dynamic part of the game....get your mic working, hit capslock to talk

YA ok, :).... for those that don't, ask mom for more allowance

and after sparing someone only to be shot over and over again' date=' it takes a special kind of stupidity not to shoot first.

[/quote']

Then be more careful.

Sneak up on the fool, tell them to pull out seconday or something like that, while not showing yourself. Then offer to trade, if they accept tell them what you want, and have them tell you what they want. Then make a deal, watch to make sure he drops his items on a ground, and you drop yours. Now carfully come out and claim your items and GTFO before he shoots you in the back.

I don't always shoot on sight, even when they have a gun. I don't try and speak to them either though, so it's always a gamble.

Quite a lot of the time the gamble pays off and we end up cooperating for a short while. Other times, they shoot me in the head and I feel silly for trusting them.

I was thinking maybe use the flashlight, being out, by both players being a sign of wanting to trade.

and after sparing someone only to be shot over and over again' date=' it takes a special kind of stupidity not to shoot first.

[/quote']

are you saying you're not special..., I think you are dude :0 sounds like you've been shot in the back a couple of times,,,,suggestion,,,,don't turn your back on them....fixed

[/quote']

Then be more careful.

Sneak up on the fool, tell them to pull out seconday or something like that, while not showing yourself. Then offer to trade, if they accept tell them what you want, and have them tell you what they want. Then make a deal, watch to make sure he drops his items on a ground, and you drop yours. Now carfully come out and claim your items and GTFO before he shoots you in the back.

you the man, that advice is golden and adds a great element to gameplay,,because it's harder and yet,,,more rewarding

I don't always shoot on sight' date=' even when they have a gun. I don't try and speak to them either though, so it's always a gamble.

Quite a lot of the time the gamble pays off and we end up cooperating for a short while. Other times, they shoot me in the head and I feel silly for trusting them.

[/quote']

I find if you talk to someone, its ALWAYS tougher for them to backstab, and again, dont turn your back

I agree, i almost shot someone dead at balota but didnt, i asked if friendly and we teamed up! i gave him a gun although no ammo and we set off! we spent ages walking till we got to a warehouse and spent 10 mins crawling to it as not to agro but a zed saw us through a wall :/ we got in and i opend fire with my AK and took down over 20 of the bastards :P only for another survivor to hear but instead of walking in and shooting us he asked if friendly and i said yes, so he got his mic working and we had a team of three people never before met working and sharing ammo!

*just a side note, i asked and all three of us played Arma before Dayz and had been playing Dayz before the swarm of high interest, just thought that was an interesting note

I agree, shooting on sight is lame. If I have nothing much to lose i'll try to engage other players in a meaningful and memorable way. It has nothing to do with how careful i am though. when every single person ignores your in game chat and shoots first, you'd be silly to give people a chance if you have anything decent or had to travel any length of time to get where you are.

But you can get everything from the person if you kill him. Why start trading when you can get it all for free?

Whats that? Shoot on sight? Hope they complain on the forums? Okay! Brb camping in cherno.

dude' date=' c'mon, read between the lines, its not a complaint, its a suggestion for gameplay, blow it off but it adds a realism that is missed when you shoot on sight as a rule, so .....there ya go

[hr']

But you can get everything from the person if you kill him. Why start trading when you can get it all for free?

read my post above

Whats that? Shoot on sight? Hope they complain on the forums? Okay! Brb camping in cherno.

dude' date=' c'mon, read between the lines, its not a complaint, its a suggestion for gameplay, blow it off but it adds a realism that is missed when you shoot on sight as a rule, so .....there ya go

[/quote']

I was kidding and poking fun at how a lot of people end up shooting on sight :V Sure it is a shame that people shoot everyone else but Rocket likes the PvP and how it is, we cannot control player actions and therefore have to deal with it.

But the community can say fuck it and make their own groups as I have dedicated towards the greater side of DayZ, the more friendly approach that involves negotiation and helping the people. To combat such an issue is for the people to step up and do something, for you survivors out there that have actually been shot or killed by someone. Stand up and do something.

[/quote']

I was kidding and poking fun at how a lot of people end up shooting on sight :V Sure it is a shame that people shoot everyone else but Rocket likes the PvP and how it is, we cannot control player actions and therefore have to deal with it.

But the community can say fuck it and make their own groups as I have dedicated towards the greater side of DayZ, the more friendly approach that involves negotiation and helping the people. To combat such an issue is for the people to step up and do something, for you survivors out there that have actually been shot or killed by someone. Stand up and do something.

threads and sarcasm, only for the brave, thx for the comment, in game, I'll take what comes but many times now I've found that if you want that adrenaline rush you approach cautious as a friendly commencing dialogue, it's way more of a rush to see how that plays out, 8 out of ten times I'm not emptying my clip

I admit, my first instinct is to open fire or run away, but I'm a little jaded after playing this game so much. The couple times I have met a survivor and neither of us have opened fire were very enjoyable.

SCHOLAR, I'm with you. There is am very satisfying subtlety to not shooting and the rarity of it's occurance might be realistic even.

After all, when the dead rise to walk the earth, who can be trusted?

I admit' date=' my first instinct is to open fire or run away, but I'm a little jaded after playing this game so much. The couple times I have met a survivor and neither of us have opened fire were very enjoyable.

SCHOLAR, I'm with you. There is am very satisfying subtlety to not shooting and the rarity of it's occurance might be realistic even.

After all, when the dead rise to walk the earth, who can be trusted?

[/quote']

LOL, ya man Ya, I shoot people because of their name sometimes man, coldbloodedkilla will hear my voice as I'm pumping lead in his ars, I ain't no goody 2 shoes but befriending people for a different game experience shouldn't be overlooked as a possibility either

im turning to the kill or be killed method of thought now, even though every thought out kill pains me much. i have saved many people in the past, and got them weapons and ammo, then left them, and we were fine, but its whenever i team up with someone that is 'nice' back to me when i get in shit - heres two examples

1. saw a guy standing by a warehouse, was going to kill him, then decided to talk to him and he was friendly back, i even told him where an axe was i trusted him so much. so we were going along to elektro and we were attacked by zombies and my leg broke, i told him he could go on without me, and he said 'dont worry mate, im not leaving you behind!'. that really touched my heart (i know its only a game). so he scouted buildings ahead for morphine while i crawled along, and we came into communication with a guy heading our way who had morphine, so we arranged a meeting spot. on the way there, rnbna (my mate) got his leg broken as well, so we were both crawling together for the destination. the last thing that happened when i waited for him to catch up was the sound of the axe hitting me over and over again, then rnbna typing 'have you still got the morphine mate, sam (my ingame name) is dead?'

2. Just got killed by some other hatchet nut while i was going to meet up with player 'friendly' who had a group who were going into cherno, his group got killed as well. when we re-spawned we met up at a military base, did the old chatting and looting together, saving each other from zombies and stuff, then when we were almost at cherno, he was low on blood and asked me for a blood transfusion, so i gave it to him, then he offered me one, so i was waiting still while he begun it, then he cancelled and just shot me in the head. he said 'ahahah trust nobody'

i am keeping friendly's words in my head. i have been betrayed too many times to not think like that. they arent the only two times by the way.

*just a side note' date=' i asked and all three of us played Arma before Dayz and had been playing Dayz before the swarm of high interest, just thought that was an interesting note

[/quote']

Very interesting note. I read in an E3 interview with rocket and other arma developers. The well known community member 'Dslyecxi' said the following thing:

"It took me a lot of playing Day Z to psych myself up to kill another player. Because I’m so used to playing with that mentality of, I don’t ever want to spoil anyone in ShackTac‘s fun. We go a long way to prevent that from happening. To get into this environment where there’s all these random people trying to kill you, and where you may get the jump on them and you may have a chance to unfairly kill them, making that mental leap is really tough."

To me, that just shows the difference between the Arma 2 community and a lot of these mainstreamers following the hype and buying Arma just to play DayZ.

It might be harsh, but it's the truth. We play our games different (COOP, TvT and RPG for me) than the ones who come from arcade shooters. There's more to do and enjoy than just to destroy all enemies or capture the flags. Milsim or RPGs are miles apart from that kind of gameplay.

Too bad all these newcomers know no more than to DM (blabla, don't tell me I'm generalising, I know there's exceptions.) On the other hand, I'm happy for them they finally can enjoy a total new (better!) experience. I've played the battlefield games all the way from 1942 (pretty niche) to bfbc2 so I have seen what the big companies did to our precious gems. I really hope BIS stays away from the masses.

im turning to the kill or be killed method of thought now' date=' even though every thought out kill pains me much. i have saved many people in the past, and got them weapons and ammo, then left them, and we were fine, but its whenever i team up with someone that is 'nice' back to me when i get in shit - heres two examples

1. saw a guy standing by a warehouse, was going to kill him, then decided to talk to him and he was friendly back, i even told him where an axe was i trusted him so much. so we were going along to elektro and we were attacked by zombies and my leg broke, i told him he could go on without me, and he said 'dont worry mate, im not leaving you behind!'. that really touched my heart (i know its only a game). so he scouted buildings ahead for morphine while i crawled along, and we came into communication with a guy heading our way who had morphine, so we arranged a meeting spot. on the way there, rnbna (my mate) got his leg broken as well, so we were both crawling together for the destination. the last thing that happened when i waited for him to catch up was the sound of the axe hitting me over and over again, then rnbna typing 'have you still got the morphine mate, sam (my ingame name) is dead?'

[/quote']

LOL, ok I know I posted this thread about trying to communicate but you have to admit, your betrayals are priceless and hilarious, thats the beauty, you have to have a blance and that balance is uncertainty, you have to laugh sometimes when buddy is hacking you to death with an axe while he's typing to another guy that you're dead and he wants the morphine now,,,,,excellent backstab, and it sounds like he did it with a Simon Cowell accent, brilliant LOL

Most humans are pathetic cowards, thats just how it is.

However, I will not stoop to their level. I've got balls to face another player without shooting him in the back, I've got skills to kill him if something goes wrong, I'm smart enough not to let myself get cought in a trap, and I have the heart to help people who need it.

Worst case scenario, I get killed and/or I kill some frustrated kid along with me, making him even more frustrated.

Best case scenario, I help someone, faith in humanity slightly restored and I have fun.

Most humans are pathetic cowards' date=' thats just how it is.

However, I will not stoop to their level. I've got balls to face another player without shooting him in the back, I've got skills to kill him if something goes wrong, I'm smart enough not to let myself get cought in a trap, and I have the heart to help people who need it.

Worst case scenario, I get killed and/or I kill some frustrated kid along with me, making him even more frustrated.

Best case scenario, I help someone, faith in humanity slightly restored and I have fun.

[/quote']

Well, I'm sure glad Ghandi posted tonight, I feel safer already

You say it as if being Ghandi is a bad thing.

I did kill 20-30 bandits, so you should feel safer XD