Sign in to follow this  
ALPHATT (DayZ)

Delete or heavily modify broken leg mechanic.

I just died with my friend to some random bandit with so much loot it's not even funyn because previously a zombie, proced bone breaking on me at hsi second hit, after previously i surivved from 3k blood with a transfuison, and then this happens. After that the bandit shows up, i can't position well against him, and he bites us in the ass and we die even tho we could've easily fended him off otherwise. Also you break your legsl to minor drops, and morphine injectors are scarse as hell.

Hands down most annoying mechanic in the entire game and you are as good as dead if ur not near a hospital/city or luck out insanely.

Welcome to Day z. The game is meant to be hard, and realistic. This is after all, survival. If you break your leg in real life, it doesn't magically heal. You'r lucky morphine even fixes this. It's just part of the game, usually if you break a leg, you're done. Just die, and move on and learn from your mistakes.

The game is meant to be hard, and realistic. - Yes, It is very UNREALISTIC though that a human sized being, with comparable strength , would break your bone in one hit, especially a leg.

Instead of breaking a bone, which you couldn't fix with morphine anyway, I suggest a dislocated knee. ( if you've ever had this happen its far more painful that a break ). The knee could be slid back into place with an induction, and still not be used for x time due to pain, if you are lucky enough to have morphine you can use it, and walk on the leg early. But, if you stress that knee again too quickly, it has a higher chance of happening again. This seems to be the most realistic solution.

yep.. its an alpha mod that is work in progress... no point critiquing it as if it was a final build. Feedback is good but just bear that in mind... most things will change.

I am fully aware of that fact that the game is in alpha which is THE VERY REASON why i posted this thread as a suggestion to be considered by the dev. The broken leg mechanic equals death in most cases due to the scarcity of morphine auto injectors and the huge detrement to mobility. There are mechanics that make the game hard and I enjoy them, and then there are broken annoying mechanics that basically toss all of your effort on the floor and spit in your face by procing a broken leg on you, even though you can't even properly predict an enemy zombies movement since they spaz and lag around before hitting you.