Sir Schmoopy

Give us a Duckin Map

The only map I need is inside of my head.. I can navigate probably 80% of the map by memory alone.

Alt Tab and open up DayZDB, then look for a road sign. Or download an app like iZurvive on your tablet/phone and do the same. Pretty soon you'll know exactly where you are without even needing to refer to the map.

The sun and starts are accurately represented in this game.  So you should know based on time of day how to find North in either day or night.  Use street signs, the ingame or 3rd party map and you are good to go. 

No need for GPS, just learn to read a map and use landmarks and elevations etc.  Use your shadow as a guide when running longer distances so you stay on your bearing.  In the morning in game, if you spawn on the cost, your shadow pretty much points straight North give or take a "half hour".

If u have a tablet just get them app with the interactive map. Day Z central SA

Fly away*****#######*****

You will need a GPS-Tracker and a Full-Map to track your location.

GPS-Tracker is not yet in the game... at the moment orientation has to be done with a compass or points of interest (cities for example).

GPS had better never be in game.  There's no way to maintain the satellites, without which GPS doesn't work.

We shouldn't spawn with a map.  It would be nice if we could use a pen to mark our map, but no pen should mean no marking. 

One thing I've started to really like about DayZ is that it brings out just how little so many of the people who play have the barest understanding of how fragile modern civilization is, and how unprepared they would be in the event of a real catastrophe. 

• Like 2

The only problem I have with the in game map, is the fact it uses the old method of viewing it, where it replaces your whole screen, and when you leave the map, you get a small loading screen.

In my opinion, it should be something held, like the compass.

• Like 2

The only problem I have with the in game map, is the fact it uses the old method of viewing it, where it replaces your whole screen, and when you leave the map, you get a small loading screen.

In my opinion, it should be something held, like the compass.

I can agree with that. I think they coded it that way because for one, it's easy. It shows you're focused on that object. I get it, but it could be a bit more realistic.