Sign in to follow this  
Zebra In A Suit

Craftable Bindle

Should Bindles be added to Dayz?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should they be added?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but added later so the developers can work on more important things first.

Hello everyone, my suggestion is to add Bindles, or "Hobo Bags on a Stick" in Dayz. Obviously this is not a priority thing to add in the game, but I think it would really add to the immersion of the game, and be a good starter bag.

FFA18N3FQMXFDE4.MEDIUM.jpg

I haven't figured out exactly how it would work as you would need to carry it, but  thought others could add on to this idea.

Bindle

• Made out of Stick and handkerchief or burlap sack.
  • 2 Sizes: Small(handkerchief), Big(Burlap Sack)
  • Small size has 8 slots (opinions?)
  • Big size has 15 slots
  • Only hold one handed items such as pistol, because you have to carry it

Pros and Cons:

+Adds immersion in game

+Easy to make

-Materials hard to find

-Not a lot of slots

-Need a free hand to carry

Please tell me your thoughts, and if you think it's a bad idea, use constructive criticism.

Edited by Zebra In A Suit
  • Like 1

I don't really see the need for them?

In a positive manner,

We already have bags and are bound to get vehicles/tents and other forms of storage, plus most clothing has inventory slots :P Where could we use this?

The burlap sack + rope (+sticks) is already a major improvement over the bindle. I thought the bindle would've been awesome too, until I saw the majesty of the improvised backpack. Maybe a short one that works with tshirts/bandanas (6-8 slots, tshirt/bandana+sticks) to use in a pinch until you find another pack or a burlap sack/rope.

• Like 1

One thing, I think for gameplay reasons, the best way to implement a bindle is to make it take up a primary weapon slot and otherwise function just like another backpack type of gear. That way it still looks like a stick with a bag on it.

No way should it tie up your arms.

Although, I also agree that essentially tying together plastic bags to a stick frame held together with rope is an awesome idea for an improvised backpack. Extra points if you can customize the color by using different color plastic bags.