Sign in to follow this  
sebbiehe

Real-Life experience

On DayZ, you get hungry and thirsty, which is awesome because I love realism in games. But what I'd love to see in DayZ would be if your character could get hot and cold. If you're too cold then you can make a camp fire with your team to warm up. If you're too hot you can take some clothes off, jump in a lake or even sit in the shade to cool down. But this would mean adding different seasons to the game. 6-12 hours of the server time could be snow, sunny, rainy etc... What do you guys think? I'd love to hear other opinions on this.

I'm 97.482% sure Rocket said he was planning on implementing character temperature and its effects.  Our clothes can already get labelled as 'damp', and there are matchboxes and piles of firewood that we can pick up.  None of these things do anything at the moment, but in the future they will.

I'd f*cking love it if there were seasons, or at least weather patterns that can last for days.  Imagine how a weeklong blizzard would change the game.

They had that in the mod where you had to dress warm or your temp. would drop. It was pretty cool. Hopefully that will be implemented as well.

They had this in the mod, but it got screwed up...

Pretty sure a reformed, nicer version will be implemented