Sign in to follow this  
Carnival

FPS Problems

Hey guys,

I'm a huge fan of the mod but it's getting extremely frustrating to play because I have terrible FPS the majority of the time. I've read some threads on solutions to improve your FPS and have been able to ever so slightly increase it, however it is still terrible.

When I am in an open area with no trees/buildings around, I peak at around 30 FPS, it ranges from 25-30. However, when I head into a dense area like a forest or a city, or even if I look/zoom in on these areas my FPS can drop to anywhere between 10-15. This makes the game almost unplayable.

I play the game with everything on very low or disabled and 1024x768 resolution, however I still lag.

Some of my computer specs:

Intel Core i3 Processor i3-550

4GB RAM

1TB HDD

ATI Radeon HD 5450 w/ 1GB VRAM

Any help would be fantastic

Bump. Can anyone help? This is the second troubleshooting thread I've made and I've had no responses.

Try not to bump unless it's been a day or two.

Welcome to my world! :V Since you state nearly everything is disabled, I assume you have turned off Vsync and Post Process effects?

Try not to bump unless it's been a day or two.

Welcome to my world! :V Since you state nearly everything is disabled' date=' I assume you have turned off Vsync and Post Process effects?

[/quote']

Sorry, always been a bit impatient. And yes, Vsync and PPE are disabled. Even on the lowest resolution possible I still have FPS lag, I just don't get it. Surely my computer isn't that bad.

Lowest reso possible is 640x480 and even I have a shitty card and don't have too much of an issue in cities down on that resolution.

Doesn't make any sense? Make sure no extra programs (Browser, any high process programs.) are running in the background, try setting some launch options, set Arma2OA.exe as high priority when launching, try Gamebooster.

My launch options:

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@dayz -maxmem=8192 -world=empty -cpuCount=4

Legacy i tried that and got first the error: addon dayz_core needs CABuildingParts and then the game crashes with error creating direct 3d ( or 9 i forgot) graphical engine...

Lowest reso possible is 640x480 and even I have a shitty card and don't have too much of an issue in cities down on that resolution.

Doesn't make any sense? Make sure no extra programs (Browser' date=' any high process programs.) are running in the background, try setting some launch options, set Arma2OA.exe as high priority when launching, try Gamebooster.

My launch options:

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@dayz -maxmem=8192 -world=empty -cpuCount=4

[/quote']

What exactly do those launch options change?

Your graphics card is very, very old and out of date for playing a game like Arma 2, even if you put everything on low and disable effects etc. The 5450 can hardly perform well on any modern game. For a cheap price you could pick up a HD5770 which performs much, much better than that card.

Honestly your frame rate comes down to the GPU, not the game itself, just pick up a new one.