Zalexey

Survivor's brain

I think the idea of contacts is an important one; Dean has said from the beginning that he wishes to put the power of law & order in the hands of players. The one major stumbling block to any progress in this area has always been an inability to recognize players you have seen before.

It's impossible to hold player's accountable for their actions if all they need to do is change their shirt to get lost in the crowd again.

I posted a very similar suggestion w/ respect to "Remembering" survivors' faces here: Player Identification & Classification System.

It shares a lot with your idea (i.e., forget all your contacts on death, motivates players to survive as long as possible).

One thing you don't mention is how masks affect the system. I think it's important to note that masks should make you unrecognizable even to your "contacts" so people have an option to hide their identity if they wish.

The aspect I'm unsure of with your idea is "Sharing." I like it in theory, but it feels inauthentic. You can't just describe someone's face to another person and have them then be able to recognize that person as if they had seen them before in real life. I think it's important to mirror reality closely with a system like this, so I'm not completely on board with "Sharing" unless some system can be devised such as taking photographs.

A very out-of-the-box idea. Not sure how I feel about it, sounds good in concept but cannot imagine it in play yet.

But I guess it can be polished, not enhanced, polished means keeping the concept and making it worthwhile to use.

+1 anyway :)

I think the idea of contacts is an important one; Dean has said from the beginning that he wishes to put the power of law & order in the hands of players. The one major stumbling block to any progress in this area has always been an inability to recognize players you have seen before.

It's impossible to hold player's accountable for their actions if all they need to do is change their shirt to get lost in the crowd again.

I posted a very similar suggestion w/ respect to "Remembering" survivors' faces here: Player Identification & Classification System.

It shares a lot with your idea (i.e., forget all your contacts on death, motivates players to survive as long as possible).

One thing you don't mention is how masks affect the system. I think it's important to note that masks should make you unrecognizable even to your "contacts" so people have an option to hide their identity if they wish.

The aspect I'm unsure of with your idea is "Sharing." I like it in theory, but it feels inauthentic. You can't just describe someone's face to another person and have them then be able to recognize that person as if they had seen them before in real life. I think it's important to mirror reality closely with a system like this, so I'm not completely on board with "Sharing" unless some system can be devised such as taking photographs.

I've been keeping the player's masks in mind while developing the concept, that's why I chose to picture only bare faces in contacts.

By term "sharing" i mean you can share info about you and collect info about person you're talking to, not whole contact list sharing.