Sign in to follow this  
Taso (DayZ)

Anyone else had trouble with using ladders/gates?

I'll preface this by saying that, after two weeks, I can assure you that I've approached certain ladders and gates from every feasible angle and distance only to not have them function for me as they do for other players-

That said, it's only certain offenders.

For example- The green gates throughout certain cities and on top of Green Mountain- I'd heard that you needed to aim at the bottom area of the gate (of course, I tried all angles again)- these gates simply won't open for me (and when others open them, they don't appear open to me)

And the ladder issue is most noticeable with two buildings- hospitals and apartments.

Apartments have a ladder extending from the top floor to the roof that I am unable to interact with, while hospitals don't appear to have ladders for me at all. I can see people use shaded areas that I assume house ladders, but the ladders are visually not present. Approaching them yields nothing.

Other ladders work fine. Ladders throughout the industrial sectors of cities are fine. The ladder in the tower at Green Mountain is fine. Airfield ladders are fine.

Does anyone else have this experience or is it just me? Any ideas for fixing it?

(While I'm at it, I cannot break glass, and when other players break glass, it doesn't break on my client, despite me watching other players walk through the glass to get to, say, hospital boxes)

on my 2nd life i got a gun and was like this game is awesome climbed onto a silo by going up a ladder then the ladder had no interaction to get back down. fair to say i broke my legs trying to get down and was eaten by nearby zeds so yeah happens dunno if some things are bugged or not also could be graphic settings that are making the ladders vanish just a guess though

I've tried fiddling with various settings, and it hasn't helped any of the issues. =(

If I had to wager, I'd say they're all connected in some way.

Sometimes the "hitbox" is just completely off and I've had to walk up to a ladder and then face left as if the ladder wasn't even on the building.

The arma interface is really just shit in every way. Why you can't just walk up to a ladder and just keep W pressed to start climbing up it, I'll never know.

• Like 1

As much as I wish it were the case, this is assuredly not a hitbox issue- this is an issue with my client and I have no idea what's causing it. The 100% consistently broken things are glass not ever breaking for me or on my screen and also hospital ladders not existing at all. =(

In all circumstances, universally.

Haven't had issues with ladders, but have had a lot of problems with gtetting loot from Outhouses. The Close/Open door option is always in the way.

Haven't had issues with ladders' date=' but have had a lot of problems with gtetting loot from Outhouses. The Close/Open door option is always in the way.

[/quote']

Usually I'm able to access the loot by aiming at the bottom of the outhouse while standing on the opposite side that the door pivots on.